How addicting is this game?

Can any alpha players attest to the addiction factor of this game?

I have yet to play any game that had me hooked like D2 did. I know its still in alpha so it might be to early to tell. But I'd still like to hear the opinions of any alpha testers who will share. Compared to other games how much is this one sucking you in?
Compared to arpgs like TQ or Torchlight playing is definetlty more fun, I could leave some things irl to play it, which I wouldn't for those forementioned.

So it has that fundamental requirement to be addictive, basics (to be fun to kills mobs) are there but to 'stand the test of time' game needs a lot more then just this, like good game mechanics, great randomizations and replay value, it's being refined now in alpha so it's too early to say whether it will be that addictive as D2 (at least till dupes didn't kill cbn) or not.
I hope so since imo it's moving in the right direction.
Well I have a lot of fun running areas over and over again in hopes of getting some good loot, so yeah it's pretty addicting.
I have put 100's of hours in already. I don't see it stopping any time soon. It's just awesome.

In conclusion, it's really addicting.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
I've spent 70 or so hours in a week and a half. Staying up till 12 or 1am when I have to wake up at 6:30 the next morning.
RIP Bolto
I'd say its less addicting than Meth, but slightly worse than crack. Or, in other words, perfect.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
The more addicting, the better i suppose. I want an action rpg or "hack n slash" like Diablo, that will really get me to play. TQ was ok, Torchlight was dissapointing. D2 is probably my fourth most played game of all time. Dont let me down GGG, i belive in you guys ;)
If you have any problems regarding me, then please, kindly <inster curse word> off.
Set up a LAN with 5 friends and played D2 1.09 the other day. Ended up being a 20 hour multi day binge with about a carton of cigarettes being smoked and absolutely no sleep. It was AWESOME!

That's what I'm picturing happening when this is released. I for one am looking forward to hearing the birds chirp, to glaring at the sun as it crests the horizon, to sleeping at work and to breaking in a computer chair. Its been so long since I've gamed and this game is making me completely nostalgic. I can't wait!
This game sounds great!
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof" - Hitchens
Being a 'retained' firefighter, I'll have lots of time each week 'on call' whereby I sit and play games.

This, couples with my addictive personailty and competitive nature, often makes me miss sleep completely!

I'll be addicted, absolutely no doubt about it.
By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info