ZO and Vaal pact

So I have this plan in mind. For a ZO Vaal pact build. It depends on something specific though.

I have read up that ZO works off of ES total Percentage. Which is a little rubbish but we can work around that.

But what about having a ZO build for increased ES regen and Vaal pact for life gain. With heavy life leech gear?

Would this work as a 2 hander build? As a shield build?
Pretty sure it would eliminate any regen that you would have gotten in the form of ES as well. Meaning picking up vaal pact would make ZO redundant. But correct me if I am wrong.
Edit: I think SEOINAGE is probably right. ZO would be redundant and really screw you over. Thats assuming that "life regeneration" means the same thing in ZO as it does in VP. But in the case that its different, I'll leave my old comment here.

_________

Interesting idea. It would be nice to hear from people with experience, so here's a bump.

Just thinking about it a bit more: Vaal Pact makes you unable to regen health or use health flasks, leaving you with only life leech to replenish your health pool. ZO would then render you unable to replenish your health at all. I guess this could work if you had a big ES and your health pool reset in town (not sure, is this true?). This seems problematic, especially with chaos damage that goes straight to health.

But then maybe it would make more sense to also run over and grab Chaos Innoculation...What do you think?
Last edited by pangolin1247 on Jan 30, 2013, 4:50:22 PM
I was just thinking about it from a mechanics point of view. As apparently ZO changes it from Life regen into ES regen, I would be interested to know if Vaal pact would in fact nulify the ZO regen.

it would make sense to me that ZO wouldn't be, because the ES regen from ZO is calculated off of ES shield.

Anyway, It would make Chaos DoTs interesting in maps, but no more so than Vaal pact normally would have anyway.
You know what would make ZO godly? If it made you immune to chaos like CI. At least for a few builds where you want some life to manipulate, you could then use those builds on hardcore with ZO.

I still think because it's life regen but in form of es that it still won't work, but have yet to try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info