Next Wave of Invites?

Hey everyone!

I been watching this site very closes, basically checking it several times a week. I was just wondering, how many people actually got invited to play the beta. I been signed up for a really long time and just can't wait to play. But not even one invite? :(

I wish I could prove to the devs how much I really do enjoy dungeon crawlers. I mean, I pretty much bought ever recent one including Torchlight, Dungeon Siege Series, Diablo 2 & 1, Titan Quest, etc. I've played so many I can't even think of them all. But I realize posting this thread won't help me much.

I guess I'm just posting some of my stress. I haven't play a good dungeon crawler for awhile. Torchlight came out awhile ago, and I mean, I love it and all, and still play it till this day, but single player can only go so far. I was really looking forward to Dungeon Siege 3, but knowing the old devs weren't making it, really let me down. I totally predicted that game was gunna fail, and well.... it pretty much did. I mean, if you bought it, the best system to play it on would of been either a ps3/xbox 360 not PC.

I really got into Mythos also (forgot to list this one), but it's hard to keep people playing that game. Thats one thing I couldn't wrap my head around. No matter what, people always were quitting. The game is pretty much dead from the last time I've played.

Hellgate London F2P is now out for the "SEA" version, or whatever you call it. But I really didn't enjoy that game that much. I mean, it's pretty bad when the open beta has skills not even working for the class(I experienced this on my own). I'm mean, I totally noticed it coming out, but eh, the new company barely did anything. It has a great concept and all, but all in all, there are SO MANY better games that are out then that.

Another game that went down the drain, which I actually really liked for Sacred 3. Damn, now that REALLY sucks. That game was heaven for me, and I played it on all systems(ps3/xbox 360/PC). The console's version all had a online problem were you couldn't have more then 2 people within the game, otherwise it would start lagging, so, I never used that, I just used co-op! Secondly, the dev team went outta business, I think they didn't have enough money to support their company. So that game died pretty fast.

So, as you can see, I'm a SUPER die hard dungeon crawler fan and it REALLY sucks, that I have yet to be invited.(Now I'm not begging for an invite, but I'm sure you can feeling my suddenness totally dripping into this thread, all over your screen. Here, hers a tissue to wipe it up also.) So, what am I doing right now? Well, I guess everyone knows that this year is HUGE for dungeon crawler fans(WHY DON'T MORE GAMES LIKE THESE GAME OUT??? WHY DOESN'T EA HAVE THEIR OWN "DIABLO"?) well close to fall, supposedly.. these following games with be coming out... if not then early 2012...also, I hate devs that not only do they release a date, but push it back 3 times, and keep making a date each time.

1. This game
2. Diablo 3
3. Torchlight 2
4. www.grimdawn.com/index.php (hopefully, this too turns out well but who knows)

Which REALLY stresses me out the most, is this " GENRE " has a its way of driving a business to the hole, or them going outta business. Which sucks, why they do? I have no idea, cause I really do think there are TONS of people that really does love these types of games.

Anyways, this is my little rant/thoughts about this genre and games. For sure, them people that were invited are VERY LUCKY. I barely get into many betas actually(besides the ones that just give em out, but I dont consider that being lucky or not, its just that they allow EVERYONE to join.) The makers of Star Wars the Old Republic, said that the game has population big enough to be consider " OPEN BETA ".

I still haven't received my invite though, once again, I'm a try die hard SWG(an old MMO) fan, who really wants to play this new star wars MMO. I don't know if it has to do with posting on the forums or what, but sometimes it seems like it does. But then again, its all luck and the specs. you submit to them.

Anyways, the old beta should be opening soon, from what I been reading around in the forums. I really hope I either get invited soon to the close beta, or hope to god, this open beta invites me(if you still need to be invited to get a 'beta' key).

To the Devs: The videos, screenshots, everything looks amazing. You really look like you did AMAZING work to make sure the engine runs well on computers, well at least the computer your recording your videos from. I really hope these graphics don't kill people's computers at the same time(I have a gaming pc, that I built, I know I'm fine). If anything this game really does look like the "NEXT GEN" Diablo 2 game. Thats even thinking about Diablo 3 in my head, while writing that sentence. I'm SUPER pumped for Diablo 3, but its deff, changing the way it looks, and feels.(But don't get me wrong, I love EVERYTHING they announced so far, god bless Blizzard, for being the company they are!)

Thanks,
Progz

P.S. LETS GET THAT OPEN BETA OUT TO THE PUBLIC!
These are the only types of threads I know how to make. Usually the ones that are FILLED with information, and are bricks, and bricks full of words. Because of this, I usually get flamed/trolled or no ones even reads my statements.
Gold star for effort mate. Good luck!
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker
I feel ya mate. I just hate that all these ARPG diablo like games are still in waiting... We have no good diablo like game to play while we wait!

I mean Torchlight isn't online, and i got bored of that. I have already played Diablo 2 a hundred times and I had enough of Titan Quest.

My problem is: Why isn't their a diablo like game out now to satisfy all our cravings!!!
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Dude begging threads like this are pretty much a waste of time. There have been so many topics and posts like this where people go on and on about how they're a "veteran of a genre" or have experience in beta testing. There are people who have made great contributions on here who aren't in the testing yet, which suggests the team are busy making the game and not tossing up in their head who is "worthy" of an alpha invite.

They are currently in the process of getting the alpha version ready for closed beta. Currently there are a few dozen players from here in the alpha I think and they are expecting to start the closed beta in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Chris has said on here that they are likely to add up to 100 users per day to the closed beta once it starts. So there's a good chance most of the average forum users will be involved in the closed beta within the first few weeks of the test.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Awww, you just had to go and spoil the mood Spud!

Just because there has been hundreds of posts from players expressing their interest in the game, that doesn't mean anyone is not entitled to show their own support and enthusiasm.

Are begging posts annoying? Perhaps but so are posts that try and curb anyones dreams, regardless of what they might be.
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
Dude begging threads like this are pretty much a waste of time. There have been so many topics and posts like this where people go on and on about how they're a "veteran of a genre" or have experience in beta testing. There are people who have made great contributions on here who aren't in the testing yet, which suggests the team are busy making the game and not tossing up in their head who is "worthy" of an alpha invite.

They are currently in the process of getting the alpha version ready for closed beta. Currently there are a few dozen players from here in the alpha I think and they are expecting to start the closed beta in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Chris has said on here that they are likely to add up to 100 users per day to the closed beta once it starts. So there's a good chance most of the average forum users will be involved in the closed beta within the first few weeks of the test.

Bro, The people that posted their previews of the Alpha, are people I even pass by the earliest "register date on the forums". I been here a lonnngggg time, actually it seems to be possible that I been watching this website longer then you. Sucks that most people that got accept are new people that either just found it one day, forgot about it, then got an email. (And when I say, just found it, I mean't they didn't know about the game longer then I have.)

I'm not really begging either man. It's just this company GOTTA know what type of community they are making this game for. And at the moment there isn't any games like this that was playing for several years like Diablo 2 was. I was around when Diablo 2 was first released, so I can't just get into it. I bought it also, the battle chest, and I played and played it and never got into it. I think it has to do with it being super old, TERRIBLE graphics, like TERRIBLE, you can barely tell if your armor changes within game thats how bad it is. (This is coming from a person that still plays counter-strike 1.6 till this day, I've played in CAL also for it.)

Honestly man, I don't really think that many people got invited. Shit, one of the people that got invited were friends with the devs, like damn, thats just great, so really in reality like 3 previews were written from the " GENERAL " public.

"
PoERickety wrote:
Awww, you just had to go and spoil the mood Spud!

Just because there has been hundreds of posts from players expressing their interest in the game, that doesn't mean anyone is not entitled to show their own support and enthusiasm.

Are begging posts annoying? Perhaps but so are posts that try and curb anyones dreams, regardless of what they might be.

Man, I'm the same way, I understand how it feels for some players. I mean, at least the players in this game's genre. You can't blame us for acting the way we do, when every " dungeon crawler " game that comes out usually the developer goes outta business. (True story...)
Last edited by progz on Jul 19, 2011, 4:02:14 AM
I think you underestimate the gaming background of the fans on this forum. Most of these guys have been playing ARPGs for 10 years or so. And you are correct that not many people have been invited. That is because the game is in alpha version. This is the stage of development when a lot of companies would be paying for game testers. These guys just use their friends and family + some people on the forum because it's cheaper and easier that way I think.

More importantly, you're talking about invitations as if it was something that happened in the past and is finished now. The main intake of invites is about to start in August, when there will be thousands of players joining in. You'll more than likely be included with that.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Hold your Horses Mates the time will come when the time will come. Don't freak out aye just relax mate just relax! While you wait go play your Pokemon mate!
I'm Here for one reason and that is to slay yous all
I can answer the first question -- none. No one has been invited into Beta. This game is still in alpha.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
"
bkboggy wrote:
I can answer the first question -- none. No one has been invited into Beta. This game is still in alpha.

Lol, that just made my morning.

Chris responded to some posts like this a month or so back, saying he get's at least 10 pm's a day, with people sending their alpha testing credentials and begging to get into Alpha.

You may have been registered early in the making of the game, but they look at forum involvement and contributions to the game. Everyone that has been invited thus far have really made an effort to give their ideas and suggestions to help better the game.

I believe you've done 4 posts in the last year? Although you may be checking the forums every week, it doesn't really come across like you're that involved or interested on the game, and it doesn't compare to those that have been chosen for Alpha to date.

Beta is coming soon, and with 100 people being invited daily, you'll most likely be invited. In the mean time, just contribute to the forums and enjoy the suspense of waiting for the weekly dev diary!
I love lamp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info