Why do fractured monsters not give XP/Loot/Souls?

GGG made strongbox monsters give XP and loot, it wasn't the end of the world.

Maybe its just me, but doing a fracture map, as it is, seems like its not worth the effort. It takes so much longer, is more dangerous, and for mediocre quantity, and no extra XP/loot.

And rolling Fracture with totem is even worse.

Skeleton totem: The skellies they summon fracture.

Then the totem itself fractures, summoning more skellies that fracture...

Don't even get me started on Necromancer groups with fracture... beyond stupid.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Mar 19, 2014, 1:36:19 PM
"
Waves_blade wrote:
GGG made strongbox monsters give XP and loot, it wasn't the end of the world.

Maybe its just me, but doing a fracture map, as it is, seems like its not worth the effort. It takes so much longer, is more dangerous, and for mediocre quantity, and no extra XP/loot.

agree with that.

fractured pretty much means "spend another chaos pls".
"
hunTShoo wrote:

With a +27% quantity mod, I've been running Fractured maps. It takes a few minutes longer, but the extra drops have been worth it for me.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Fractured makes no sense to me whatsoever. Every time I get fracture mod, I roll over it, even if the other mods are amazing. Fracture needs to give more xp, loot, souls AND Quantity in order for me to even consider running a map with it on.. Like cmon already.
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Currency sink.
i can understand not giving more loot and not giving the same amount of xp as the original mobs - then EVERYBODY would run fracture mod every single time. its like running 3 maps for the price of one.

however, the copies need to give like 10-20% original mob XP for it to be worth the added time of running it.
we boil everything down to currency per hour and XP per hour. running fractured mods just wrecks both of those
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
hunTShoo wrote:

With a +27% quantity mod, I've been running Fractured maps. It takes a few minutes longer, but the extra drops have been worth it for me.

by that logic temporal chains is a 100% amazing and fun mod that everyone loves......................................................................................................................................no.

50% quantity maybe

But Id rather mods that dont deliberately waste time without adding challenge or skull F$#K two of my pc's because I didnt have the clairvoyance to know ggg was going to add a mod to maps that DOUBLES the games minimum spec requirements .

It is a bad design ,

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 19, 2014, 2:22:13 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

by that logic temporal chains is a 100% amazing and fun mod that everyone loves......................................................................................................................................no.

I think I've got screenshots at home of my character beating Shock & Horror on a map with the Temporal Chains mod.

I also posted in an earlier thread in regards to the interesting combination of Fracturing + Suppression. Unfortunately the thread (regard RNG) was moved to the item showcase.

I've yet to hit Fracturing + Temporal Chains on a map, but I would certainly run it. I doubt both mods combined would increase my clear speed by more than 25%.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Artanthos wrote:

I think I've got screenshots at home of my character beating Shock & Horror on a map with the Temporal Chains mod.

I've yet to hit Fracturing + Temporal Chains on a map, but I would certainly run it. I doubt both mods combined would increase my clear speed by more than 25%.

How exactly would that screenshot be relevant to his post?

Increase? I believe you wanted to say decrease.
And no, TC alone decreases the clear speed by more than 25%.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Artanthos wrote:

How exactly would that screenshot be relevant to his post?

Increase? I believe you wanted to say decrease.
And no, TC alone decreases the clear speed by more than 25%.

I meant increase the time required.

Temporal Chains has a minimal impact on my clear speeds. It affects me only if I have to retrace my path. It has no impact on my DPS.

*Screenshots are always relevant when claiming your undertaking certain actions.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Mar 19, 2014, 3:04:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info