Are forum postings brownie points?

I stumbled onto this game and it looks great, I can't wait to try it. I read they will be selecting beta testers soon. Do you suppose the selection process is random or will members who are active in forums be favored to beta test?
A Smith and Wesson beats four aces
Both.

Thousands of people are going to be invited to the closed beta so the vast majority of invitations will be given out randomly. GGG will of course reserve a very small amount of those to give to specific people.
Forum Sheriff
Cool, thanks for the info.
Here's a recent post from Chris:

"
We'll invite thousands of people during the closed beta. Probably over ten thousand eventually.

So I think it's safe to assume everyone on the forum will be invited.

But that's just my assumption, considering we don't see 10 thousand forum members posting on a regular basis!
I love lamp
I think that being active on the forums and showing your support is appreciated by the dev team but i don't think in the end it's going to decide whether you get in to the closed beta or not.
"
wilbur24 wrote:
I think that being active on the forums and showing your support is appreciated by the dev team but i don't think in the end it's going to decide whether you get in to the closed beta or not.

Forum activity has helped the Dev team decide who to pick to go into Alpha; but I think there will be so many invited that it wont matter for CB.
I love lamp
Wow ten thousand is quite a bit, but I bet there are at least that many people suffering from Diablo withdrawals. PoE looks promising I'm eager to try it.
"
Solanum wrote:
Wow ten thousand is quite a bit.

Ten thousand is a lot. Remember, though, that they won't be inviting all those people immediately. The closed beta will have phased invitations just like the alpha. Each phase will probably only have a few hundred invitations so that by the time the game is ready to go into open beta there will be ten thousand. I think people have a perception that everyone is going to be invited at once and that is simply wrong. Closed beta will last for several months and GGG constantly needs feedback from people experiencing the game for the first time.
Forum Sheriff
Hmm I might be a little bit of a noob on here to make it in with the first few hundred. Perhaps they will be short on beta testers...
I don't think they will be bothering too much with looking at your posts. They may already have a few people in mind but beyond that I wouldn't be surprised if they just randomise every person who has posted on the forums. 10,000 is way too many to handpick when you're dealing with beta bug reports.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info