The Negatives of POE (subjective)

You alpha testers probably know more, but for the rest only real downside is that the game isn't released yet :D It really looks THAT good (I totally don't care about all the customisation that comes with a most MMORPGSs which PoE is not, looking from and ARPG players point of view).
Last edited by nermind on Jul 14, 2011, 4:49:22 AM
Hi, to me there should not be any customisation according to the background of each class/character. If I had to choose between a huge customisation or a huge screenwriting (which include the fact that you can't choose the gender of your char etc) to be captivated by the story/background of the char I'm playing, I will choose the second option.

As you're saying they can implement it, I will answer that it is a lot of work and I would prefer them to focus on other things more important in an ARPG/Hack&Slash.

One point we did not discuss anywhere is the story, will it be consistent and coherent ? What is planned ?
Hack&Slash lover!
"
nermind wrote:
You alpha testers probably know more

We do, and the game is a little too awesome...

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
Last edited by Oasisbhrnw on Jul 14, 2011, 7:24:18 AM
"
Oasisbhrnw wrote:
"
nermind wrote:
You alpha testers probably know more

We do, and the game is a little too awesome...

Gotta agree here... #1 on hardcore here I come!
RIP Bolto
One thing I'm disappointed with, is the lack of Offline Single Player mode. I was hoping it was like Titan Quest, where I could build my characters offline and still be able to use them online.

I understand this is a means of cutting down hacking, but still, if the internet is not available, would be nice to still be able to play it!
I love lamp
I think PoE has no negatives, from what I can see from the videos and screens until now, game looks perfect. The only thing that I think could be improved is the world atmosphere, by adding more cool and creepy creatures.
KnockKnock lvl67 marauder
I would have to agree about the character customization. I would be happy with at least non gender bound characters.

P.S.: Sacred 2 and Mythos has character customization in it. Although the customization options are minimal. But at least in Diablo 3, Mythos, Titan Quest you can pick your gender.

Edit:
and Dungeon siege 1 and 2.
Last edited by KatanaSteelwind on Jul 14, 2011, 4:14:08 PM
1) As per another thread, my biggest wish would be for gender selection. I want the option.

2) Unsure if this is possible, but I would like to see the UI open to modding and customization by gifted coders. ;)

3) Hope for a lot of quest lines and good story.

The first one I see as a negative the other 2 are just wishes as I haven't played so I can't bash.
Only thing I won't like is closed beta cause I know I won't get it :D
You didn't turn out your phone in church?!
It may be God calling.
As an alpha player I can safely say that it has a huge amount of similarities to diablo 2. but then again that isn't really a downside since diablo 2 is still an awesome game. The only downside is that it doesn't have many players yet.
Second in Command of PoE Clan - The Exiled
www.theexiledclan.org

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info