Path of Exile

~|-|~Fiery totems~|-|~ dual Flame totem guide with EB/MoM/ AA (added 67-68 map videos)

"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
"
Vulpix0r wrote:


Remove the DoT, burning damage and fire damage nodes and replace them with totem damage nodes. Since added chaos will contribute to around 30% of the total damage dealt by flame totem, even the 8% totem dmg nodes work great. Shamanistic fury/totemic zeal clusters are also good to have.

Also, you should get eldritch battery and MoM, unless u are somehow managing the mana cost of flame totem and have enough survivability without them. Also, it will be near impossible to run AA without eldritch battery.

Might also be a good idea to replace IIR with faster casting and stack IIR on gear instead.
From the look of your passive tree, does not seem impossible to switch to flame totem. Needs around ~16-17 respec points.

I have done upto lvl 70 maps but not higher because I havent been playing much lately and didnt get a 70+ map drop yet. Does fine till now and especially effective in taking down bosses. Even ele reflect does not seem much of an issue. Only lightning thorns is a pain in the ass. Combination of blackguard arcmages, evangelists and undying alchemists in single map (which I rolled once) is pretty nasty :)

One last thing, place both ur totems right on top of the enemy, one to each side. This way, they get hit by all 10 streams and they can only attack one totem at a time.


Thanks for the advice. I'm willing to give up the casting speed to get even more item rarity. :p I have enough slots for leveling the flame totem gems, so I'm going to level them a bit first before attempting a switch. Will be spending my remaining refund points on making the switch to MoM and EB once I've made up my mind and done more testing.

I know there's a lot of hate on Searing Bond, but I do find it really fun to play. Flame totem is even more fun when you see the entire map on fire!


I dont think theres anything wrong with searing bond, except it gets a little tedious to position and re-position it. It is definitely one of the best levelling skills out there. Judging by all the SB builds out there, it definitely looks viable in endgame.
I just find flame totem slightly easier to play.

All the best with the switch, if you decide to make it. Let me know how it goes.
"
Derpfoot wrote:
I tried out flame totem on my firestorm witch and it seems far better. Any witch variation of this build? Having a hard time going for the totem nodes.


Came up with this version.



You might also swap out some of the fire/spell dmg nodes near the witch starting area for the 8% totem damage nodes, which I think might be better if u use added chaos as a support.
I put a gem of Life Leech on the totem and not bad, have good resistance
"
"
Derpfoot wrote:
I tried out flame totem on my firestorm witch and it seems far better. Any witch variation of this build? Having a hard time going for the totem nodes.


Came up with this version.



You might also swap out some of the fire/spell dmg nodes near the witch starting area for the 8% totem damage nodes, which I think might be better if u use added chaos as a support.


That would take a massive amount of regret orbs as I go to the Shadow tree down to the 12%, 12%, 20/20 nodes. I changed my build from a Firestorm self-cast build in to Flametotem in early level 60s. I'm now level 71 and this is my current build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEAelAuNJsiycSRuvt4dlnC0fAjbF2CSnCI9G0NDPZVXGuJOnlNH9Xl2drhps5CK1BF3GRtfd82BtKU_sODrYTdiMdp48gW8EswJxFE2iABo4p4SQVcAaWfMqE1orLKej8lcrB2NzU8BUGYUkqjbp42ra3VWuRKuPpi0fbRnB84Ie2wuio3_GflknqVptJDynXElREZYOSOOEwFFw1XBSXfKdY-WOpLGMNlVLJpVtew==

Not sure what to regret out of to get Ironwood, or if I should just tough it out and level until I get it. It does seem like I may have to drop the shadow side entirely, as I do indeed use the Chaos Dmg support so I'd like more totem nodes.
"


I dont think theres anything wrong with searing bond, except it gets a little tedious to position and re-position it. It is definitely one of the best levelling skills out there. Judging by all the SB builds out there, it definitely looks viable in endgame.
I just find flame totem slightly easier to play.

All the best with the switch, if you decide to make it. Let me know how it goes.


Thanks! SB really starts to scale badly when doing 74+ maps, I did only 2 so far in a pub game, but I found my damage to be sorely lacking. I'm hoping to find more input from people who are already mapping 70+ maps with Flame Totem as I don't want to be stuck in this weird rut again.
I have a question, why your gems "Trigger setup gem" no get more level, more levels are worse? to "Cast When damage taken" I understand because the damage.
Sorry if my english if bad.
"
Angar wrote:
I have a question, why your gems "Trigger setup gem" no get more level, more levels are worse? to "Cast When damage taken" I understand because the damage.
Sorry if my english if bad.


Higher level CWDT gem = require higher damage taken before the gem triggers. You usually want the gem to trigger instantly if you get hit, so it's not a good idea generally. I personally think it's a poor gem design.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
Angar wrote:
I have a question, why your gems "Trigger setup gem" no get more level, more levels are worse? to "Cast When damage taken" I understand because the damage.
Sorry if my english if bad.


Higher level CWDT gem = require higher damage taken before the gem triggers. You usually want the gem to trigger instantly if you get hit, so it's not a good idea generally. I personally think it's a poor gem design.


I know, but these gems enduring cry and molten shell has full exp
"
Angar wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
Angar wrote:
I have a question, why your gems "Trigger setup gem" no get more level, more levels are worse? to "Cast When damage taken" I understand because the damage.
Sorry if my english if bad.


Higher level CWDT gem = require higher damage taken before the gem triggers. You usually want the gem to trigger instantly if you get hit, so it's not a good idea generally. I personally think it's a poor gem design.


I know, but these gems enduring cry and molten shell has full exp


Sorry, but I don't really understand your question.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
Angar wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:


Higher level CWDT gem = require higher damage taken before the gem triggers. You usually want the gem to trigger instantly if you get hit, so it's not a good idea generally. I personally think it's a poor gem design.


I know, but these gems enduring cry and molten shell has full exp


Sorry, but I don't really understand your question.


look at the gems "enduring cry and molten shell" you have them with full exp, do not level up
Why?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info