Server stress tests and security.

I know it's a ways away; however, have you thought of having stress tests and how will you accomplish that? From what I've read on your company website, you don't seem to be funded by huge investors and currently the only people that have been playing were friends, family, close friends a few "chosen ones." Once the game becomes more popular, and it appears that it is becoming that very rapidly, will your server(s) be able to handle the stress? A good portion of frustration in a lot of online games has been lag, server downtime, loss of data. What are your thoughts on this subject? Where will your servers be located? Will you have SA, NA, European and Asian servers at their respective locations to reduce latency? If so, will all the users have the ability to be in the same league or will they be separated into different "realms" as was the case with Diablo series?

As for the security of the servers... I've read that a lot of have backgrounds in cyber security. Every online game I've ever played had issues with hackers and hacker wannabies. A lot of games are swarmed with bots, which ruin the experience of regular players and eventually drive them away. How will you handle this problem? This is a very important matter to me and is one of the reason I'm not playing D2 anymore. We all know it's going to happen with POE, but unlike Blizzard, I hope you guys can handle it in a better and swifter manner.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 13, 2011, 9:02:26 AM
You have a bunch of pertinent questions here and I can't wait to see what they'll answer.

For the servers I've read that we'll have server located in several regions. It's a good point to avoid high latency.
Hack&Slash lover!
Queue can help with stress.Stop bots is nearly impossible in many games is needed source code of bot and next patch is destroyed . Report,random games.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
We have been stress testing the servers with load-testing bots. So far it's looking good!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
haha, lol, in ns2 my nickname is Lachdanan (bot).
I didn´t get an invite!

(bot) for having 20fps in a shooter :)

(Not that i urgently need one atm, but funny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Chris wrote:
We have been stress testing the servers with load-testing bots. So far it's looking good!

Let's hope, that you loaded a lot of bots in your stress tests. Because a lot of..and even more ppl will come to try this game..and it would be bad, that you wouldn't be ready for this ;) Nobody likes lags ;) Just sayin.
I wanna hack'n'slash all daaaay long :)
"
Conano wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Let's hope, that you loaded a lot of bots in your stress tests. Because a lot of..and even more ppl will come to try this game..and it would be bad, that you wouldn't be ready for this ;) Nobody likes lags ;) Just sayin.

You've gotta give Chris and his team some respect for the solid work they've done so far, and give them the benefit of the doubt that they have the experience making games and playing games, to know that lag is bad.
I love lamp
Last edited by jmackay on Jul 13, 2011, 10:47:33 PM
"
jmackay wrote:
"
Conano wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

You've gotta give Chris and his team some respect for the solid work they've done so far, and give them the benefit of the doubt that they have the experience making games and playing games, to know that lag is bad.

Well, I didn't try to offend them or something ;)

I already gave Chris and his team some respect. I know that they did really solid work and stuff. I rly like what they do and how they responds there in the forum.

That my post was just kind of "minor warning" -> Warning that a lot of and even more ppl will come to play ;) So they should be ready :P
I wanna hack'n'slash all daaaay long :)
Stressing the servers is one of the major reasons for having a closed beta. That's why GGG intends to invite thousands of players.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Stressing the servers is one of the major reasons for having a closed beta. That's why GGG intends to invite thousands of players.

I thought an open beta would be more suited for stressing (=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info