Questions on item quality (the percentage stuff)

1. Quality can go up to a maximum of 20% - true/false?
2. Items that drop naturally can be found with any quality up to and including 20% - true/false?
3. If the above is true, is it less likely that an item will be of higher quality?
4. Does the quality show up on the item in its tool-tip, or do you have to guess?
5. Can quality go negative?
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
1. Quality can go up to a maximum of 20% - true/false?
2. Items that drop naturally can be found with any quality up to and including 20% - true/false?
3. If the above is true, is it less likely that an item will be of higher quality?
4. Does the quality show up on the item in its tool-tip, or do you have to guess?
5. Can quality go negative?

1. True.

2. True, I think - I don't recall seeing any, myself, but I don't check every item that drops for quality, and I don't claim to have a perfect memory either. I've certainly seen a few drop in the 15-19% range, though, and these can be modified after you find them with whetstones and the like (not beyond 20%, of course).

3. Items with any quality at all are in the distinct minority; whether quality ranges are skewed towards the lower end of that 1-20%, I don't know.

4. Quality shows up, yes.

5. Nope.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
I've been watching livestream long enough to answer these questions. If someone in the beta sees any of my answers wrong feel free to correct.

1. True
2. True
3. True
4. Quality is listed in the item tooltip
5. No it cannot.

Edit: Sorry I posted this same time as ^^^
Last edited by scyko42 on Sep 19, 2011, 2:01:18 AM
1. True
2. True
3. Yes
4. It's listed in the tooltip
5. No

*got beat* :p
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Sep 19, 2011, 2:00:49 AM
Thanks for all the responses, they're appreciated. Some more!

Whetstones

1. Do they give a fixed amount of quality?
2. If the above is true, 2a: if false, 2b:
2a. How much quality do they give?
2b. What's the range on quality that they give, and does this value diminish as the item's quality increases?
3. Is it worth it to increase the quality of items if you aren't sure how long you'll be using them?
4. Can you use whetstones on armor, not just weapons? If not, does armor have a comparative item that increases their quality?
IRON MAN
Whetstones increase quality based on the weapon's rarity. +5% for common, +2% for magic, +1% for rare and unique. There are Armor Shards which do the same thing for armors.

Both whetstones and armor shards are relatively common, but I wouldn't use them on low-level items, myself.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
1 True
2 True
3 True
4 Yes
5 No
http://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2243
^^^^^Polish Corner^^^^^
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Whetstones increase quality based on the weapon's rarity. +5% for common, +2% for magic, +1% for rare and unique. There are Armor Shards which do the same thing for armors.

Both whetstones and armor shards are relatively common, but I wouldn't use them on low-level items, myself.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for!
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info