[Contest] Best concept for a skill idea for Path of Exile gets a key! [Closed]

"
IRID1UM wrote:
Skill name: Cork
Target: Small area of effect at the cursor
Description: Prevents all Rock Flingers in the Area from shooting rocks at you.
Visuals: Small corks above affected enemies
Sounds: Makes a plumpf kind of sound, with sinister laughing
Flavour text: Can't rock my world no more!
*picture*:

This entry mainly is for insider fun :D

Hahahhahaha This idea is great! Made me lol.
Cork wins its official. Thought my skill was good.
63 Duelist Hardcore League (POE version 9.2)
#5 on ladder
"
Tossing wrote:
Cork wins its official. Thought my skill was good.

But he is a beta member, so d'you think he'd still win the key?
edited: someone allready made this XD
Last edited by Holdlang on Sep 19, 2011, 4:31:02 AM
Skill name: Eternal Nightmare

Target: Singe/Group enemy target

Description: When cast on enemy, it falls in the worst nightmares and is paralyzed for a brief moment. If cast on enemy group, they will attack each other in horrifying ways.

Visuals: Character's hands glow red as you cast Eternal Nightmare.

Sounds: As cast, horrible screaming and wailing echoes from distance.

Flavor text: "As you walk through the valley of shadow and death...".
Damn timer, you scary!
Skill name: Summon broom

Target: It's on themselves.

Description: It's a summon spell for the witcher so that she may fly away!

Visuals: The witchers performs a summoning ritual and a tree appears! Within this tree the broom appears. Also the witch willl have fire comming out through her eyes.

Sounds: We need metal, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKmYlnQv_dg

Flavor text: Thunder!

*picture*

Si vis pacem, para bellum
"If you wish for peace, prepare for war"
Last edited by Citus on Sep 19, 2011, 6:53:23 AM
Skill Name: Spectral Possession

Target: Wounded Enemy

Description: An offensive spell that is cast via spectral minions. When cast, a minion will attempt to possess an enemy - it can only successfully possess an enemy with health lower than a certain value (or a dead one). For a period of time, that enemy fights for you as though it were your summon, then explodes either at the end of the duration or on a second casting of the possession spell.

Visuals: The spectral minion performing the possession will display some unique animations, literally diving into the target. The target will emanate a sort of white mist while it is possessed, and the explosion effect will be punctuated by the spectre rising into the air above the carnage.

Sounds: The casting would initially create a *whoosh* ending with a squicky corpse explosion sound.

Flavor Text: Welcome to the family... for now.

From here on is edit:
Extra Notes: This skill could function as a dot with an explosion if the target dies, the explosion and the damage could be skinned as something internal and offensive that the spectre is inflicting. This would animate with periodic blood spatter followed by a huge outburst (not necessarily lethal, but the spectre would leave a notable exit wound).

With multiple projectiles or double shot linked, this skill could attack with multiple spectres at a time, or a single spectre could assail multiple targets, perhaps immediately exploding and possessing again.

The skill could also be un-linked from the spectres, but I think it's much cooler as a minion synergy.
Last edited by Ouroboros on Sep 19, 2011, 8:35:15 PM
Skill Name: Firestorm

Target: X number of enemies infront of the caster, single or group, all must be within a few feet. (If single target then the missiles will all aim for that target.)

Description: Like the 'next one up' for the witch's fireball. I've always liked in some ARPG games how some powerfuller spells have to be channeled in order for them to be put to use. It makes it fun to mix and match between instant cast and channeling spells.
I figured with this spell the number of missiles could be increased, perhaps through the skill tree or through levelling. I also figured there could be other elements, or perhaps it could be a combination of all elements. The bonus to this spell is the fact you could quickly eliminate enemies, but the drawback would be the channeling time -- as well as the fact you have to stand still in order to maintain it, if you were to move upon casting a single missile then no more may be launched. I figured the time between each missile would be 0.8 seconds.
I've thought about PvP a little, and how it could work in that. It should be noted that the missiles can be out-manoeuvred, and although they do home in on the enemy they won't be able to bypass cover. Meaning that if the witch does use this spell, she may end up becoming a primary target.

Visuals: During channeling the witch would be surrounded by licking flames, as the character would do some form of movement the first three homing fireballs would burst from the ring of fire. They will all aim for the same target, unless there are three enemies infront of the caster. In which case, one will be sent in their direction.

Sounds: The sound of burning in the channeling stage, then perhaps a similar sound to the fireball spell could be played for each missile when they're shot.

Flavour Text: Fire in the disco, fire in the gates of hell!

*No picture... Yet.*

(Simple idea, I know, and I haven't played PoE so it could probably use some tweaking. :P)
Last edited by Torches on Sep 19, 2011, 8:32:35 AM

Skill name: Shield Shift
Target: (enemies)

Description: Turns an enemy into a magical shield that takes on the properties of that who was slain (resistances, magical skills ect)

Visuals: enemies transform into a shield that gets sucked up by the templars arm

Sounds:
Swoooooshhh

Flavour text: Ever want to have the skill of the boss you just slain? every want max cold resist that the minion just had? Why not steal their properties :)
Skill name: Rock Wall

Target: Area of effect

Description: You slam the ground with a 2 handed Mace/Axe causing rocks to rise up out of the ground causing damage to enemies in the area and creating a wall that blocks pathing and projectiles for a few seconds.

Visuals: Your characters slams the ground and a wall of rocks erupts from the ground.

Sounds: When you cast your character lets out a mighty roar and you hear the sounds of a great earthquake as the rock wall is formed.

Flavour text: Rock on!

*Lack of picture*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info