[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

"
Thronar wrote:
"
Nodders wrote:
"
Thronar wrote:
Do wand with increased projectile speed work with flame totem?

Big section on the first page talking about gear .

"For the weapon, you can use a 2H caster staff or, better, two wands with spell damage, faster casting, increased projectile speed, and increased fire damage"

:)

Ha cheers I must be blind since i read it all :P 60-70% from wands should be good enough to swap faster projectiles to use both added chaos/lightning :)

Or if you have 0% projectile speed you could literally plant totems in the enemies' faces constantly like I did if your mana allows, especially if they're ranged. Some ranged exiles could be a problem though.
Last edited by Sethmancer on Jan 8, 2015, 8:45:43 PM
I am using this build (self found) and have almost completed Merciless which is the highest I have made it in a HC league. So I am happy with the results and will see how it goes when I start mapping.
I've follow this build in Bloodlines league and I have to say that is really to survive in each level. Maybe, I had some troubles when i had to complete Dominus in Merciless, but with some farm with Piety, was very easy.

I'm lvl 86 and I've completed the hole tree, but i did a few changes, I sacrified some recovery mana points instead life. Currently i've got 4.6k of life, and 2960 dps. I can manage maps 74 easly (I didn't try 75-76 maps because i prefer sell them for chaos :D), but I think it's time to give them a chance.

And at this point i'm thinking to increase some armour (Unyhelding) but i have no idea where I can spend more damage points (maybe arsonist). But in overall i'm so happy with the totems damage, I guess with some quality gems and improving my wand i could reach 3.5k (i'm using wand and shield, just for survive :D).

Good job and great build.

IGN: Ezink
Last edited by Ezink on Jan 12, 2015, 4:41:31 PM

gear, i know aussies are lowest rarity, wand is absoluetely horrible and my shield is unlinked. just somethign i threw together. at level 66 i only have 2133 life. i have a helm that has 71 life but i unlock at level 70. i dont think even that will be enough. tips? also how do i get more rarity.
Hey buddy I'm level 59 and I am doing very well liked your build is to be congratulated.
"

gear, i know aussies are lowest rarity, wand is absoluetely horrible and my shield is unlinked. just somethign i threw together. at level 66 i only have 2133 life. i have a helm that has 71 life but i unlock at level 70. i dont think even that will be enough. tips? also how do i get more rarity.

low hp? more rarity?

Gear

(planning to change saffels for a stormsail shield, just missing 1 cold res for the cap, so im waiting for purity to lvl up)

oh yeah, bloodlines, runnin 75s with no problem.

3.5k hp 1.6k mana (unreserved), 300 rarity, 19 quantity, 264 mana reg, 2186 gmp dps.

The survivability is just fine as totems take all the big hits (and almost everything els), AA reduces allot of dmg and mom kinda takes care of the rest. Infernal mantle might be abit "risky", tho ive never fallen bellow the 35% mana, and i always carry a hybrid flask incase i need to refill it + the dmg helps allot with clearing (clean IM is insanly cheap).

Now, i only use this build for solo MFing in maps and dom when i want to switch it up abit (melts dom, the running is the most annoying part, niether LW or leap is vry fast without cast/att speed).

Edit:
getting to many rares/map that i usually use 4-6 portals myself.

tldr: your hp is fine (aslong as youre res capped), just let the totems soak up the dmg, specc into MoM if you feel like you need/can sustain it.
@SpyChicken
Last edited by SpyChicken on Jan 23, 2015, 2:47:27 PM
I ran this build to 80ish in torment with no issues, in fact it was a little to safe and secure to be exciting so I moved onto something else.

But now that I am playing bloodlines, I'm making another one.

Very solid build.
I just started mapping now in bloodlines, here is my gear and spec at 65. I am running my own witch variation.

Current Spec @65

No piece of gear cost more than 2 chaos, with the exception of the shield which I got for 3c. Do not neglect the projectile speed, I had to sacrifice some damage and cast speed for that wand I have now, but the 40% speed is so worth it, and I dont need the projectile speed gem or that proj speed necklace anymore.

As I continue to level and get more survivability stuff like more life and higher level AA, I will be able to replace with more mf oriented pieces. For now I only have a bit of rarity.

I also need to make proper flasks, I am waiting for some clean granite/quicksilver/divine life's to drop so I can get to work rolling.

Current gear, all very cheap. 3900hp, overcapped resists, 60-70% rarity, 1200 tooltip dps on gmp flame totem.
Spoiler

Can this build be done with Lightning totems instead of fire?
This build is really working out am level 73 all resist capped even chaos only -8% resist but even this will become 0 once i take 2 +4% chaos resist nodes. i didnt require -%mana reserve nodes, since my infernal mantle gives lot of mana and also my all resist almost double capped.
i am planning to remove three dragon and take some helment which has good hp and resist.
my dps is 2.5k. also am not taking anymore mana nodes which will allow me to take more hp nodes.
My gear

my proposed passive tree
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAABAcEswagCGcI9BBYEMwWbxcvGDwaOB8CJy8o-ioTK7YtHzI0MtE1kjbFPydBh0VHRZ1G10rITLNTUlXGVdZY5VorXypj_WSEZOdmnmjyakNrF26qcYV65nxLgKSCHoKbgseD24dljEaQVZM6lSCWdJrgogCj8qcIr7exQrXytoa3PriTvOq9J8AawFTAZsHzxq7YJNi92rna3dsL42rr5Ovu7DjtIPAf-JP5vfno-tL-CiSqNuk64fJFpldN4_6PLJw=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info