[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

Yep, AA is the reason for quite a few of the node choices. :) Also, a 5L and 6L Flame Totem costs significantly more mana than a 4L one, and the totems become a bit squishier also, so you recast them more often.

Asbo, yeah, the guide has grown pretty long, and I'm generally prone to being too verbose and "chatty" in my writing! I'll see about adding a TL;DR section at some point.
"
Mivo wrote:

@PabloCappone: Yes, the damage is fine! It was fine in 1.2 already when I ran 77 and 78 maps solo, and it was a breeze (as far as 77 and 78 maps can be called a breeze!), and damage is better now in 1.3. The problem with the tooltip dps in the character sheet for flame totems is that it's useless. It calculates casting speed incorrectly, it doesn't take Fire Penetration into account (if mobs go below 0% resist, they take more damage), it doesn't take Celestial Punishment into account, it doesn't consider Flammability and the burn damage, and it is shown only for one beam, not all five. Above all, the dps display does not take consider that Flame Totem pierces.

ty for answer, it´s melt everything now with 5l.. also running mf stuff

hope find a nice drop, ty for share

have good loot
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Great! Glad you are owning some monster butt now! :) You could look into switching Lesser Multiple Projectiles for Greater Multiple Projectiles. Should do more damage when the gem is levelled up and covers a larger area.

As for the guide: I added another leveling tree to the second post, also with some commentary. The leveling trees are complete now! Next thing I'll update is the quest rewards section.
Has anyone tried running a Tabula with this build? (Bloodlines)
Last edited by crowdog on Dec 18, 2014, 2:03:47 PM
Hi! I've been following this guide and its been great in Torment. I was lucky to have Aurseize and MF items to drop so I've been focusing on MF over everything else. So definitely my life and resists will be lower than expected. I've just recently watched ZiggyD's video on MF low life VS mana builds and I was wondering if it would be better to respec into lowlife (Taking the BloodMagic keystone). Im a scion btw.

Pros: 1. I can use Wondertrap which gives +100% rarity when low life. This should be better than Goldwyrm taking into account that 1 IIQ is about 2.5 IIR.
2. With mortal conviction node, I'll be able to run more auras. Instead of Purity of Elements, I can run each of the 3 Purities, Vitality, Discipline. And maybe one more idk.
3. As all my other equips will be MF based except for my chest piece, on the chest armour I can focus on an ES only chest, instead of needing a chest with Life/Armour and also resists. This is my first char, so I wont really have the currency to get nice +Life, +armour and +resists all in one.

Thanks for the help (:

My current gear:
Spoiler
The original version of this build was Blood Magic based (before all the nerfs to life), but not low life. Personally, I haven't really dabbled with low life builds at all, because I always felt they were a bit finicky, so I can't really offer any meaningful, experience-based thoughts about those. :) If you give it a whirl, I'd be interesting in your experiences and findings!
"
crowdog wrote:
Has anyone tried running a Tabula with this build? (Bloodlines)

That is a very good questions. I am thinking about making this build (or very similar, but essentially FT MF) and was considering Tabula that dropped for me recently.
Tabula works, but it has two issues: You probably can't support a 6L Flame Totem while leveling, and it provides zero life or resists. I'd take a blue 5L chest with 80+ HP and a single resist over a Tabula for leveling, but if that's all that's available, it does work! 6L Flame Totem is just rather costly, and hard to pull off before the end game if you also want Arctic Armor and 2-3 auras. The thing is, even a 4L Flame Totem works just fine right into early mapping without it feeling slow or tedious. A 5L STR/INT chest is pretty easy to color for this build, too.

I'd say the build doesn't benefit from a Tabula as much as other builds. It does depend a bit on the rest of the gear, too.
Last edited by Mivo on Dec 19, 2014, 3:33:04 AM
Just wanted to drop in and say this build has been fantastic for me in Bloodlines. I just started mapping today and had no issues whatsoever at 65 with (an admittedly easy) magic 66 dried lake map.

Thanks for writing this all up.
Last edited by DigitalZer0 on Dec 20, 2014, 1:22:31 AM
Question, why didn't you go crit?
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info