Atziri fight info [SPOILERS]

"
johnKeys wrote:
it's possible to burn, without being ignited?

Burn is is a damage type. Ignite is a status aliment that does burn damage. RF is not a status aliment that does burn damage.

Also she resists everything so it doesn't really matter what you hit her with. Also you benefit from the -50% res from elemental adaptation so you'll deal ok damage either way. Main benefit is all you need to deal damage is 4link, and all you do in the tree is tank up. Correctly specced and geared up RF will take almost 0 damage against her.
IGN: Smegacore
Last edited by battled on Mar 11, 2014, 3:15:19 PM
"
battled wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

Burn is is a damage type. Ignite is a status aliment that does burn damage. RF is not a status aliment that does burn damage.

that's odd. I always thought there is no such thing as "burn damage".
burn = fire damage over time, caused by the "Ignite" status ailment.

and gems like "Increased Burning Damage" which I use with my Searing Bond, simply act as an "added fire" gem of sorts for the fire DoT, a.k.a "burn".
though not an accurate analogy because added fire converts from physical to fire - but I think you got my point.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 11, 2014, 3:20:17 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
battled wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

that's odd. I always thought there is no such thing a "burn damage".
burn = fire damage over time, caused by the "Ignite" status ailment.

and gems like "Increased Burning Damage" which I use with my Searing Bond, simply act as an "added fire" gem of sorts for the fire DoT, a.k.a "burn".

Well yes, burn is fire damage over time. It's special because it's damage over time.
IGN: Smegacore
"
battled wrote:

Well yes, burn is fire damage over time. It's special because it's damage over time.

shouldn't be.
it's just a DoT version of otherwise direct fire damage, just like Viper Strike or the Poison Arrow/Alch Bomb cloud is Chaos DoT, while a Lightning Arrow shot from Voltaxic Rift is direct Chaos Damage.

the only difference in my view, is DoT Chaos Damage can apply without prerequisites (Death's Oath or bears' aura, for example), while Fire DoT needs an Ignite.
you Ignite enemies with your RF, then they burn for X% your life per second.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 11, 2014, 3:42:53 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
battled wrote:

shouldn't be.
it's just a DoT version of otherwise direct fire damage, just like Viper Strike or the Poison Arrow/Alch Bomb cloud is Chaos DoT, while a Lightning Arrow shot from Voltaxic Rift is direct Chaos Damage.
the only difference in my view, is DoT Chaos Damage can apply without prerequisites (Death's Oath for example), while Fire DoT needs an Ignite.
you Ignite enemies with your RF, then they burn for X% your life per second.
you also Ignite enemies with Searing Bond, and they burn while standing in the beam.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning

ignite will burn enemies, but ignite is not necessarily required to burn.

RF, Searing bond, fire trap, (crit burn/ignite), will stack
I need more purple titles
"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qc9YUfOIYY

some china guy atziri kill with no death
with 80+ fire resist (fire purity), a flameblast eat 6k health

No fire purity in the video. He has 77% resist to fire if you look at his other videos. The auras he is running are Determination, Vitality, and Hatred. The fireblast does about 35k damage no resist. If you have 88 fire resist and 5k hp you will be fine.
IGN: LiveD_LivE
Based on that video, i would be very surprised if someone manages to beat her within a month in Invasion. Hell, i will be surprised if someone will be able to do it at all unless they nerf it. That dude has over 9K life and probably best gear and he still almost died several times.
"
Ricjames wrote:
Based on that video, i would be very surprised if someone manages to beat her within a month in Invasion. Hell, i will be surprised if someone will be able to do it at all unless they nerf it. That dude has over 9K life and probably best gear and he still almost died several times.

Not to mention, thats solo.

The scaling in a party of 6 would give her much more life, everyone would have no chance to come back in to try again, and 6 people dodging the rain of death is alot harder than just one, given all the extra effects on screen and collisions and the like causing more desynch.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info