Flameblast vs Fire Trap

What build is better overall in terms of clear speed and taking bosses down quickly: Flameblast or Fire Trap. I'vee seen both builds do well clearing but I feel like Fire Trap is lacking in damage that Flameblast provides but does it really provide that much more damage overall? Can anyone list me the pros and cons of each builds and which one is better overall (if there is one).

Firetrap has 2 main pros flameblast doesn't.
1. Immune to reflect.
2. No charging up needed.

Firetrap prob clears faster if I had to guess.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Firetrap has great clearing speed and has the ability to onehit many bosses in endgame.

Flameblast has huge damage potential but much slower clearing speed/more dangerous mechanics(enemies will hit while charging)/really dangerous against reflect.

Firetrap will do better in groups by far since charging flameblast is unreliable. Flameblast will always be the best boss killer though.
Last edited by kasub on Mar 11, 2014, 12:02:37 AM
Not having to worry about reflect means you can go to town on maximising Fire Trap's damage potential.

Flameblast reflect is a concern. It has much greater potential for damage output and thus is a better boss killer because of that but it is slow and cumbersome to use and a bit of a nightmare with group play imo.
I've posted this in flameblast section, and I will post it here as well. You don't need to hold fireblast for more than 1-2 stages if there is no boss involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ZyIyW2f9s

There is a reflect in there.
Last edited by Kadajko on Mar 11, 2014, 12:08:20 AM
What I like about Flameblast is that I can control the damage by choosing how many stacks I want to use. It also doesn't feel slow and clunky anymore as soon as you get some decent cast speed.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Kadajko wrote:
I've posted this in fireblast section, and I will post it here as well. You don't need to hold fireblast for more than 1-2 stages if there is no boss involved:

Yup, it's ideal not to hold it with a crit build(even against rare enemies if built correctly).

Both firetrap and flameblast are very viable. The only real negative of firetrap is slower trap laying speed and no leech potential. Fire resistant bosses are also much faster with flameblast.
Last edited by kasub on Mar 11, 2014, 12:12:35 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"
Kadajko wrote:
I've posted this in fireblast section, and I will post it here as well. You don't need to hold fireblast for more than 1-2 stages if there is no boss involved:

Yup, it's ideal not to hold it with a crit build(even against rare enemies if built correctly). It will still clear slower than a firetrap build against non bosses.

Wasn't linked to an AoE support though, which I would consider a mandatory for good clear of regular mobs, might be even faster.
Besides reflect issues, Fire Trap has another advantage - it is a trap. That is to say, you can prepare it before actual fight begins(Throw 3-6 traps before Vaal or Piety fight etc. or open any strongboxes). It is also used to hit fast moving targets(exiles and some bosses) if you've learned their movement paths.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
How does fire trap one shot bosses? The damage doesn't seem to reach as high as flameblast.

Can anyone show me a video of one?
Last edited by renroval on Mar 11, 2014, 3:20:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info