75% COLD RESIST = GETTING ONESHOTED

i had 63+ lvl summoner...capped resist on merciles... 2,5 k HP during progress to vaal... getting oneshoted by totem boss...seems legit...like most of the time you dont even know whats hittzing you cuz its just mess... yeah its maybe hard...new league is fun...but... 75% rezist = getting oneshoted by elements?...come on...

additionaly...quest rewards are pathetic compare to difficulty lvl of instances because of bosses...
Last edited by Skkir on Mar 10, 2014, 3:33:21 PM
The side-note you made about quest rewards... I agree with that.
When I see rings ~10 below max, I'm like "WTF". It would be nice if we could expect at least on of the gear quest rewards to be used for several levels.
The gem quest rewards are solid, there seems to be a couple (no matter the spec you choose) where the choice is either tough or just doesn't matter at all.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
i just dont get it why in every instance there should be a boss much stronger than act bosses...like piety?...Vaal?...even dominus?...these are like lil babies farting some pathetic skills...
adn what is teh point in caping resists or other defensive stats if you got oneshoted:)...i just dont get it...
Last edited by Skkir on Mar 10, 2014, 3:54:37 PM
I pray you were using enfeeble. Otherwise you have absolutely 0 room to complain. Also, while im not familiar with the boss in question, maybe part of it was phys? Not to mention that 2.5k life is a little low.
lemme ask you question:)...enfeeble?...yeah i would use it...i even got passives for double curses...but do i get enfeeble ?...nope...i just got bunch of crap...
while playing summoner...i got every life note for witch i could have...still got 2,5k life on merciles act 2...not bad i think...if there are guys mapping wi 3,5k life
what i am trying to say is 1: why someone with capped resist got oneshoted with any kind of element?
and 2: why buff minios if they are getting melted...?

and for your info...got two evangelist with buffed bubble (increase area + increase duration) while fighting that boss:) didnt help...i think i ddi almost everything in that moment to not die... still happens...and its not about dying anyway...its about getting oneshoted by elemt you got capped resist on:P that is the point...you enfeeble genius
There's a reason you can get higher maximum resists. If 75% was good enough, why would they offer more? Now you can get +4% max resists from the passive tree. Purity of an element can get you 3 (4 with L20 gem) to 7 depending on your aura nodes. Items like Saffel's Frame unique shield can get you another 4%.

So without any uniques you can get 82 to 86% max resists, and 90%+ using some items.

75% resists is pretty crappy.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
and all of that you get on 60+ lvl act 2 merciless on first character in league...yeah... are you guys even thinking about what i am saying here?... dominus no prblem ...piety no problem...vaal no rpoblem...every boss in every location almost dead...
and why are those bosses oneshoting ppl with 7K life?:)
maybe they dont have enough HP you think ...huh?

adn yeah...if i get every passive notes i maybe indestructible...that is great argument you got there:)
Last edited by Skkir on Mar 10, 2014, 5:15:53 PM
Every passive node? If you are a summoner witch who isn't close to where they moved Elemental Adaptation, it's a wonder you made it to 60 at all. It's 1 point away if you got Grave Expectations and along the path from Grave Consequences, which I can't imagine a summoner witch wouldn't take.

The new content is harder than the old content. It's designed to kill you. Maybe if you cry harder you won't get killed next time. Or, novel concept, you could figure out how to beat the boss that did it. Don't give me that crap about it being your first character in a league. If you don't want to risk anything, wait until other people have already done something so you can copy what they did.

If you think 75% resists is good enough, you're going to be restarting a lot of characters. You can get 85% max resist using flasks, but that would require you to know the threats and have the skill to use them at the right times.

Just the 2% max resist from Elemental Adaptation, which can't be too far from your tree branches as a witch, can be a huge damage mitigator.

You get hit with 1000 damage at 75% resist --> you take 250 damage
You get hit with 1000 damage at 77% resist --> you take 230 damage (8% less damage)
You get hit with 1000 damage at 80% resist --> you take 200 damage (20% less damage)

If you don't think taking 8% less damage is a lot, then you may have a tough time in hardcore. Getting 20% mitigation is huge. One node and a purity aura fitting whichever area you're in shouldn't be too difficult for a summoner witch.

Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
jesus... what is the pion in getting any % + if you just got oneshoted at any % of resist?

you are just telling me what to pick but you know as i know that there are some circumstances when you got problem cuz teh game becomes hardr and harder...
what i am talking about is why the fuk you have to deal with bosses that are WY TOO STRONGER than ACT bosses including dominus since lvl 1?
that is my question...
as a summoner i had 7x 3,5 K life zombies with ele resist
2x envangelist with buffed bubles + ele resist and life support gems

all of this melted in second > then it casted freezing pulse totem behind my ass > got oneshoted > not even 5 or 3 or 2 shots...just one... on a 63 lvl while progressing... you wanna tell me... taht if that thing melted 9 minions even with bubble...that your +2% of resist would save my ass? rly? well... ok then i am noob

i made my last summoner to 84 doing high lvl maps 70+...got oneshoted by phys dmg even i had 36k armor... i know what this game does...and its ok cuz its high lvl map with some rolls etc. not a random location you can imagine on progressing from 1-60 lvl...got it?

i know taht your the type of guy whos gonna defend this game even that those thing will be potencialy nerfed... you have your "put all nodes here and here and there bla bla bla..."...i am talking about something else you cant obviously recognize...nvm

"
Skkir wrote:
on a 63 lvl while progressing

That's your problem, level up to 70. You'll be about twice as hard to kill because of your gem levels at the very least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info