Tested the new stuff after a long break - droprates even more abyssmal ¿

Halfway through the second difficulty and so far, I've gotten...

2 GCP
3 Regret
1 Blessed
3 Chaos

and 1 unique (Hrimnor's Hymn)

Nothing amazing, but it seems better than it was before the patch to me (I only have maybe +10% to +20% IIR and no IIQ). Rerolling strongboxes for good mods has definitely helped.
Last edited by werezompire on Mar 10, 2014, 7:12:16 PM
What amazes me are the number of orbs in stashes of the people streaming, are they playing the same game as I am. I have 20 + char. over lvl 60 and I don't have any where near the number that they have. Also I'm lucky if I get 1 unique in about 20-30 hours of game play.

I also played Diablo 2 for years, I agree the drop rates weren't great unless you had huge MF. But with the skill tree and the equipment with + to skills, the game from lvl 70 to 100 was much more playable.
Last edited by GhostPain on Mar 10, 2014, 10:51:38 PM
"
GhostPain wrote:
What amazes me are the number of orbs in stashes of the people streaming, are they playing the same game as I am. I have 20 + char. over lvl 60 and I don't have any where near the number that they have. Also I'm lucky if I get 1 unique in about 20-30 hours of game play.

Well, how are you playing? First of all, I also have several 70+ builds, but you're better off not doing that and instead just focusing on one build. Now think about what they're doing and you're not (lets assume they dont run bots):

- Stack as much MF as you can, multibox as many clients as you can and run the same content (Dominus) for as many hours as you can every single day. Vendor trash for alterations, plus use chaos orb recipe.
- Anything of value you put in a shop. If you have any extremely good (godly weapons, godly 6L chest, legacy Soul Taker and Kaoms etc) items, those are being sold to RMT users for INSANE prices since they dont mind paying that. Also, for other items, you stick it to 99% of players by overpricing mediocre and decent items, charge 20 chaos for 2 chaos item, 5 exalt for 1 exalt item etc.

So, are you doing this?
Last edited by toyotatundra on Mar 10, 2014, 11:02:59 PM
LOL I think I missed the boat, I guess Im playing the game for the wrong reasons :).
"
GhostPain wrote:

I also played Diablo 2 for years, I agree the drop rates weren't great unless you had huge MF. But with the skill tree and the equipment with + to skills, the game from lvl 70 to 100 was much more playable.

Streamers have fans, fans that want recognition. One way to be recognized is to trade with a streamer, or to give a streamer something.

Comparing yourself to a streamer will never be a fair comparison. They have support systems that other players don't have access to.

Note: I don't care that streamers have this access, not bitter nor salty. I don't watch streams, I play the game. I feel like I have a good drop rate for orbs and items and am happy with my progression rate.
"
werezompire wrote:
Halfway through the second difficulty and so far, I've gotten...

2 GCP
3 Regret
1 Blessed
3 Chaos

and 1 unique (Hrimnor's Hymn)

Nothing amazing, but it seems better than it was before the patch to me (I only have maybe +10% to +20% IIR and no IIQ). Rerolling strongboxes for good mods has definitely helped.

Sorry, but if this is what you get after finishing 50 % of the game then something is very wrong.
This is a game where you grind for levels and gear(see the developer's name). When you get to higher levels(70+) loot will come easier as you kill faster, getting higher level stuffs.

If you intend to play this game through once and expect to get all the good loots, this is not your game.
Play on the new 4 month leagues. The ambush mechanic "Lockboxes" have made drops more rewarding then they ever have been in PoE by large margin
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
bilun wrote:
Play on the new 4 month leagues. The ambush mechanic "Lockboxes" have made drops more rewarding then they ever have been in PoE by large margin

Although you are bleeding Alterations like crazy if you want that delicious Strongbox mods. :D I at least invest 1-3 Alterations in a magic Strongbox. Sometimes 4 if I have a bad streak and am stubborn enough.

But the loot rain is always worth it. <3
"
mcalavera wrote:
This is a game where you grind for levels and gear(see the developer's name). When you get to higher levels(70+) loot will come easier as you kill faster, getting higher level stuffs.

If you intend to play this game through once and expect to get all the good loots, this is not your game.

I spent hundreds of hours in this game and I don't have nor ever had one of the godly build enabling uniques. Half of all builds are built around Shavronnes which a vast majority of players will never acquire enough wealth to pay for (and god knows it will never drop unless you win the lottery).

You don't actually gear up by playing this game.. you gear up in this game by getting incredibly lucky, ripping off casuals, or forking over real cash (EDIT: or also, exploiting boxing and repetitive farming likes its your damn job). The rate at which gear is acquired by playing the game is so abysmally slow that it hardly even appeals to the crowd that enjoys grinding.
Last edited by TadaceAce on Mar 11, 2014, 7:33:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info