Tested the new stuff after a long break - droprates even more abyssmal ¿

"
Zanixx wrote:
I was tempted to start a thread about how the drop rates (of orbs anyway) seem to have improved a bit. By level 54 I had 8 alcs, 4 chaos and 4 Vaal orbs. Thats much better than I normally would get but I am literally, the worst player for alc's to drop ever. My luck is rotten from that perspective.

I honestly think they have up'd orbs drops ever so slightly.

8:4:4 is such a poor result imo. i bet your gear is so shitty that you have probs to continue unless you did some trades.
"
Heroofexile wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:
I was tempted to start a thread about how the drop rates (of orbs anyway) seem to have improved a bit. By level 54 I had 8 alcs, 4 chaos and 4 Vaal orbs. Thats much better than I normally would get but I am literally, the worst player for alc's to drop ever. My luck is rotten from that perspective.

8:4:4 is such a poor result imo. i bet your gear is so shitty that you have probs to continue unless you did some trades.

So the game doesn't give you exactly what you want exactly when you want it?

This makes you angry?

Seriously?

Yeah, dude, this game isn't your kinda game.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
troll elsewhere, ty.

"
toyotatundra wrote:

Do what everyone else does:

Multibox with as many clients as you can
100% IIQ 400% IIR
Farm Dominus for 12h straight like a mindless drone
Brag about your mad skillz and say there's nothing wrong with drops.

haha that's gold
edit doublepost
Last edited by peyter on Mar 10, 2014, 1:00:20 PM
"
Heroofexile wrote:
troll elsewhere, ty.

No. This game isn't for you. This game and the drop rates are the way they are, and that's just how it is.

Seriously dude, what is it you want? You want to log in and have 65 exalted orbs by level 20 or do you want every second drop to be a unique?

I don't get it, what is you want?

Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"
"
ZenEnott wrote:
Out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever played Diablo II Single Player?

I did. Exlusively. For almost 10 years.

You got nothing...

Except that even without anything You could farm endgame reasonably well, such isn't the case in PoE.

While, perhaps, true (and even then - depends on what you consider end-game - running WSK was something you couldn't do with all chars at any level - you had to gear up), that was not the point I was trying to make.

Before the latest rune drop un-nerf - D2 was notoriously awful with drop rates for stuff. People ran Pindle and such for 1000s of times to get the likes of Windforce...

Drops are not bad. You are supposed to grind for drops. That's the model of investment/reward most RPG games play.

Expecting some sort of miracle drops at level 32 is silly. In D2, at 32, you'd barely see rare items.
Last edited by ZenEnott on Mar 10, 2014, 1:10:39 PM
"
Heroofexile wrote:
feels like this.

level 32 in ambush league and i found 4 alchs. no chaos or better. no unique!
also afraid of speccing points. i know i will never get the gear to make the builds work
in 4 months without RMT. but i know you can beat the game with no points spend to end of cruel or something, so this wasnt the big gamestopper for me but still annoying.

managed to get like 4 vaal orbs in 20-30 hours gameplay with my RF mf dude (80+ quantity)
did countless piety and dom runs to get the feeling for corrupted zones too.

wow those are so tiny ... and rare.

right now i would not recommended this game to anyone. unrewarding like fuck but gear has too much impact.

POE lacks the "epic" feeling completly while playing it.

Perception is everything. I have found 6 chaos orbs, 2 gcps, a chisel, 4 vaal orbs, an 'enlighten' skill gem, 2 uniques, and an assortment of lower tier orbs like alchs, jeweller's, fusing, etc etc...
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
i remember playing casual self found... didn't get a single exalt/eternal in 2 months of playing

then i discovered economy
IGN: Barbara_Jay
Last edited by Barbara_Jay on Mar 10, 2014, 1:13:00 PM
"
f3rret wrote:
"
Heroofexile wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:

So the game doesn't give you exactly what you want exactly when you want it?

This makes you angry?

Seriously?

Yeah, dude, this game isn't your kinda game.

What kind of weird post is that lol. Did you read our posts? haha

HeroOfExile: Yea maybe but I play SF and solo and tbh, it was the 2nd time ever I have hoarded my orbs. Up to 54, I had used 1 alc and some transmutes and alts. That was it and I was doing fine. The drops were ok and only the new unique bosses caused me issues.
I had 2.150hp, 75 / 35 / 75 and about 28% reduction from armr. All from gear that had dropped... not bad really.

But at the end of the day, I was using fire trap (as main spec) and searing bond when i came to a yellow/boss or unique mob. Cant really face roll more than that I suppose. Playing Self-Found probably provided the only challenge lol
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Last edited by Zanixx on Mar 10, 2014, 1:24:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info