Tested the new stuff after a long break - droprates even more abyssmal ¿

feels like this.

level 32 in ambush league and i found 4 alchs. no chaos or better. no unique!
also afraid of speccing points. i know i will never get the gear to make the builds work
in 4 months without RMT. but i know you can beat the game with no points spend to end of cruel or something, so this wasnt the big gamestopper for me but still annoying.

managed to get like 4 vaal orbs in 20-30 hours gameplay with my RF mf dude (80+ quantity)
did countless piety and dom runs to get the feeling for corrupted zones too.

wow those are so tiny ... and rare.

right now i would not recommended this game to anyone. unrewarding like fuck but gear has too much impact.

POE lacks the "epic" feeling completly while playing it.
I cant really argue against this , the drops are really bad if you dont multi box
Out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever played Diablo II Single Player?

I did. Exlusively. For almost 10 years.

You got nothing...
"
Heroofexile wrote:
feels like this.

also afraid of speccing points. i know i will never get the gear to make the builds work
in 4 months without RMT. but i know you can beat the game with no points spend to end of cruel or something, so this wasnt the big gamestopper for me but still annoying.

managed to get like 4 vaal orbs in 20-30 hours gameplay with my RF mf dude (80+ quantity)

right now i would not recommended this game to anyone. unrewarding like fuck but gear has too much impact.

Level 32 with 4 alchs sounds about the same as before. I get to level 32 in between 2-3 hours. I think I may have had 2 alchs at this point and one blessed orb.

I had trouble finding a corrupted area in standard. I did a few dominus runs and then decided I'd run Ledge till I found one. Well, after about 15 Ledge runs I gave up. However, up to level 60 on Ambush I've found 5 Vaal Orbs. That seems pretty reasonable.

I would like the drop rate raised though. Just stating that I don't think the drop rates changed :-/
I had a similar experience early on, wasn't sure how I was going to get enough currency to fund my build, then I met this generous exile named Thena Moga and after a brief round of negotiations she decided to donate her Dream Fragments to my cause. Things have only gotten better since.
"
ZenEnott wrote:
Out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever played Diablo II Single Player?

I did. Exlusively. For almost 10 years.

You got nothing...

Except that even without anything You could farm endgame reasonably well, such isn't the case in PoE.
"
majesw wrote:
"
Heroofexile wrote:
feels like this.

Level 32 with 4 alchs sounds about the same as before. I get to level 32 in between 2-3 hours. I think I may have had 2 alchs at this point and one blessed orb.

I had trouble finding a corrupted area in standard. I did a few dominus runs and then decided I'd run Ledge till I found one. Well, after about 15 Ledge runs I gave up. However, up to level 60 on Ambush I've found 5 Vaal Orbs. That seems pretty reasonable.

I would like the drop rate raised though. Just stating that I don't think the drop rates changed :-/

yeah getting level 32 isnt a deal. but i played the game like a new player, explored everything, slow pace with ledge and fellshrine runs.

feels like they lowered the drops even further to counter bots.

the game at the current state does not make me want to login.
Last edited by NomadFX on Mar 10, 2014, 12:32:14 PM
"
Heroofexile wrote:

Do what everyone else does:

Multibox with as many clients as you can
100% IIQ 400% IIR
Farm Dominus for 12h straight like a mindless drone
Brag about your mad skillz and say there's nothing wrong with drops.
I was tempted to start a thread about how the drop rates (of orbs anyway) seem to have improved a bit. By level 54 I had 8 alcs, 4 chaos and 4 Vaal orbs. Thats much better than I normally would get but I am literally, the worst player for alc's to drop ever. My luck is rotten from that perspective.

I honestly think they have up'd orbs drops ever so slightly.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Heroofexile wrote:

feels like they lowered the drops even further to counter bots.

I never heard a bot complain about drops. They just keep botting 24/7.

Lowered drops dont affect bots, only you and me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info