[v1.7] 39k+ DPS with INFERNAL BLOW, +239% life, +6.8% regen, +145% armor, TRIPLE curses + blinds!

"
Akraid wrote:

U can go for Shock Nova or Ice Nova [SUP GEM: Fast Cast], tag and melt everything w/ infernal blow. I think its the best choise ;3

Yeah, these seemed to be the only real viable options.

One other I considered, would be spell totem with spark. BUT, as the totem is the damage "source", I don't know if elemental equilibrium actually procs or not.

And also, I was thinking that I would build a spell totem with skeletons for late game, "extra targets" when needed. Gets some aggro off.
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
"
nocebo wrote:
"
Akraid wrote:

U can go for Shock Nova or Ice Nova [SUP GEM: Fast Cast], tag and melt everything w/ infernal blow. I think its the best choise ;3

Yeah, these seemed to be the only real viable options.

One other I considered, would be spell totem with spark. BUT, as the totem is the damage "source", I don't know if elemental equilibrium actually procs or not.

And also, I was thinking that I would build a spell totem with skeletons for late game, "extra targets" when needed. Gets some aggro off.

Totems do work and proc EE. I'd recommend Arc, it's instant so it'll tag stuff nicely, Spark is a bit random. Alternatively faster proj freezing pulse could work very well with a totem too(faster proj to give it more range but just dropping it close enough would also probably work fine). That or ice nova totem.
L52.

Current passive tree: http://tinyurl.com/awcfugo

Running 5 endurance charges now and the effect is something I can certainly feel, but the 11.8s duration isn't too much. At least you can rebuff yourself by hitting even 1 target with enduring cry and the cooldown isn't too bad either. Around 2 seconds, I guess.

Chaos resist would be useful, but then again - targets that deal chaos damage aren't that common. Cold and lightning resist are 75% on cruel. Fire was bit less. I've around 1700 hit points now.

Got a new weapon. Noticed that faster cast is suberb, so combined it with enduring cry and rejuvination totem too.

Current helm is shabby, but I already fetched L53 one. Not too great, but at least there's high life on it.

I still can't use clarity. Just costs too much mana. Blood Magic sure starts to sound hot...

L53 one:

Shock Nova is absolutely suberb with inc. aoe + faster cast. It casts so quick, I basically don't even notice it slowing me down. Works perfectly for tagging! BUT - the ones next to me, are taking no damage - so might test cold one out. But tbh, I did not even notice this, since I always cast it before the enemies are at melee range.

Still no IAS on gloves, but the double curse works very well, on tougher targets.

Overall, I am VERY happy with the build.

Current infernal blow DPS is bit under 2k and that does not even include the fire penetration, flammability, elemental weakness nor elemental equilibrium negative resistance multiplier. Those together at least double the damage, not to mention chance to ignite easier.

Can't wait to eventually get a 5L chest, to add increased AoE and possibly even increased melee damage over fire penetration.

My rings and belt are pretty terrible and I really should upgrade these, as they aren't providing anything socket wise anyways.

Last edited by nocebo on Feb 1, 2013, 4:13:01 PM
I to am running a Infernal Blow Templar.

My skill tree is
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0ZLhoyGjgkqiftMok26TwFQ2NG1099UFBRYFRJV-JYY1j1WfNdxl8_YG1mnnB9cU1yqXflfVOAVoM4i4yMz5BVms-dgJ_fogCnhKmVrKq2hrcxud3AGtSP3QXd8-Fz42rnUuw47SDvDu988B_yL_ZI-tI=

All was going good until i hit the general on act 3 cruel. took me an half hour to kill using shockwave totem and added chaos.

the 2nd level of the temple has me stumped for a moment.

here is my gear and setup

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit - The Tick
L54.

Cruel was a cakewalk, but even with really nice linked gear, I found out that merciless is a bitch. I've only 1.8k HP and 560 energy shield. People got wiped on Tidal Island by Halerake. Suppose we got some mad roll of attributes on him/her. Basically 2-3 shotted, with 0.5-0.7s attack speed, so there's really no running either. Not to mention the cold + freezing. :)

GGG has really tuned merciless up, but that's fine! The adventures of the melee fool aren't over yet!

Halerake excluded, all went just fine and the difficulty felt "fair". Much harder, but definitely playable still in this build. Sure, Halerake made me consider 1h + shield, but as I saw the ones with shields melt to Halerake's spells anyways, perhaps I should just pick the +5% inc maximum resistances and ...hope for better gear.

The gear that drops is up to L58, so might be that I am simply under leveled here. I was thinking heading back to end of cruel and exp for few levels.

I also managed to shop a 5L chest and was playing around with proper infernal blow options. I decided to go with faster attacks, which literally turned to be a 1.25 damage modifier. Infernal Blow is hitting 2.9k now, but still - that does not include curses nor elemental equilibrium negative resistance modifier.

I was considering concentrated effect instead of faster attacks, but it really comes about killing single targets, which led to the fact that I wanted to stick with faster attacks. At least for now. It does require dex, and I had just the necessary 52 for the level 1 gem.

I decided to go with a high resist belt, over the life one.
I have low armor, so fetching a 1k+ astral plate would be a valid option to the 5L. After all the 5L is only giving me "damage" here, and that's not the issue here at all. But Astral has L62 requirement. Meh!

Also, next skill point will give me 2% life leech (physical only though) from passives, but I think it's time to start upping life + survival again. :)

Life belt:
Last edited by nocebo on Feb 2, 2013, 7:53:16 AM
I am level 59 now, Farming Fellshrine Merciless zzz The level scaling is killing.

How does one link gear to forum posts ?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbDH0NMBB_EmkSvBRNGF0ZhRo4GmwfAiSLJKon7SlPLR8yiTbFNuk9D0bXTLNN2FfiXcZgbW0Zcql2EXflfLt82X31fq-Bb4IegpuDOIdli4yMdpBVnC2dgJ2unjyeoaIApwinhKyqr5uzMbT5uJPB88T2xp7YJNrd2wvd8-Fz42rkIuw47SDwH_Nx890=

my build ATM , smashing merciless but I have to level to meet the zone levels.

Mervil was easy though, had max Res. Standing at 1.3k hp, but still pretty tanky.
Level 53 Lightning Dagger 1h - Kyozumi - HC active
Level 63 1h phy Crit dagger - dead

7 toons to Desync - Starhub best ISP Singapore
"
Kyozumi wrote:
I am level 59 now, Farming Fellshrine Merciless zzz The level scaling is killing.

How does one link gear to forum posts ?

Mervil was easy though, had max Res. Standing at 1.3k hp, but still pretty tanky.

You just click your character, and the item from your inventory/stash. The link pops where your cursor was.

Why would you take multiple different elemental damage nodes though? :o

As you clearly have even less survival than I do, our Halerake must have been just "the nastiest roll ever". :)
Last edited by nocebo on Feb 2, 2013, 7:57:10 AM
I take the multiple nodes because they gave incredible dps boosts + Resists due to my Eldrich battery allowing me to upkeep wrath + anger + Hatred at the same time LOL. (although I use determination over Hatred sometimes against high physical mobs)

My 'Tankiness' mainly comes from abusing Enfeeble + molten shell, which allows me to get 42% DR without determination. Determination Brings it to a whopping 52%.

My Gear has alot to do with this too, But I cant seem to link them to the post.(must be doing smth wrong)

Last edited by Kyozumi on Feb 2, 2013, 8:03:19 AM
"
Kyozumi wrote:
I take the multiple nodes because they gave incredible dps boosts + Resists due to my Eldrich battery allowing me to upkeep wrath + anger + Hatred at the same time LOL. (although I use determination over Hatred sometimes against high physical mobs)

My 'Tankiness' mainly comes from abusing Enfeeble + molten shell, which allows me to get 42% DR without determination. Determination Brings it to a whopping 52%.

My Gear has alot to do with this too, But I cant seem to link them to the post.(must be doing smth wrong)

I don't understand. How can investing on multiple nodes give a DPS boost, when you should be only using a one, or max two - core skills?
Because Eldrich Battery Allows for multiple Aura stacks ? and that I use Elemental Weapons most of the time and i benefit greatly from any form of elemental damage up.

My templar's main offensive skills are only Infernal Blow / Cleave. My gear setup is setup around this and so far its giving me great survivablity and offense (albeit too much damage) without having to even spec many Resistance nodes/defense nodes.

I only took the Walker nodes anyways because they are really close in my spec and I can take them for immediate effect (damage + resists). I have like 12 respec points if I really want to refund them anyways.

Last edited by Kyozumi on Feb 2, 2013, 11:50:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info