Vaal Orbs?

So I got my first one of these, and I've been looking around but I can't find a list of all the possible effects. Have I not been looking hard enough, or has one not been made yet? So far all I've really heard are horror stories...

Trying to decide if it's worth using, and if I should use it on a bit of my gear or just an okay-ish item.
from what i have seen so far with the ones i found:
these things are a mess ... completly random what you get

and no havent seen a list either imo they are to random to make a list this quickly maybe in a month or so XD

corrupting a strongbox seems interesting though - got a few rares from the one i did it to - all of the magic/rare items where corrupted but sadly had kinda worthless stats like +1% ES on a pure armor piece or -4% fire resist
IGN - SunChaos, Syldra
only use them on items you can easily replace and let the game surprise you.

I corrupted my 1 chaos Blooddance boots and got 2 white sockets - don't need them, but hey.
Hrm... but what to do~

I've seen people Corrupt Portal Gems which could be a bit of fun, since I don't think it can remove the "Creates a portal" part.

So tempted to corrupt my Andvarius, but I know it's a horrible horrible idea haha. Would just be amazing to see the -20% resists corrupted away.
Vaal Orb:
- Adds a red "Corrupted" text to the stats.
- Locks the item so you cannot use any orbs anymore.

Above is my own experience with 6-7 Vaal Orbs. Nothing else.

White gloves -> Vaal Orb -> Same white gloves with "Corrupted" text
White amulet -> Vaal Orb -> Same white amulet with "Corrupted" text
Blood Dance boots -> Vaal Orb -> Exact same unique boots with same stats with "Corrupted" text

same thing with all attempts.
"
Zephryl wrote:
Hrm... but what to do~

I've seen people Corrupt Portal Gems which could be a bit of fun, since I don't think it can remove the "Creates a portal" part.

So tempted to corrupt my Andvarius, but I know it's a horrible horrible idea haha. Would just be amazing to see the -20% resists corrupted away.

corrupting a portal gem does nothing, you get either a lvl2 portal gem - does the same... or quality on the gem - that nobody needs ... or nothing happens

corrupting an andvarius is even worse. vaal orbs on items do 1 of 4 things
1) nothing
2) changing the implicit mod (here mf, and that you don't want to loose)
3) changing sockets to white color (andvarius has no sockets)
4) reroll the item new as a rare

so if you corrupt an andvarius the bast that can happen is "nothing"
Tried one Vaal Orb on a 20/20 Reduced Mana (had 2 of these) - turned into a 21/20
So i guess i was lucky

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info