Invasion = path of ranged again

"
Bars wrote:
But I don't think it's path of ranged, because you need to be absurdly tanky even with a ranged character just to have a 1-2 seconds survival window and be able to escape when something like the Devourer or the flicker-spider jumps at you or when something shoots you from offscreen.

Split Arrow boss from off-screen = GG.
That's how I managed 36/36.
Yeah its path of ranged, and in hc you obv take as many hp nodes as possible (path of ranged life nodes).

You become good enough that you stutterstep everything and kite well enough to barely ever get hit, is your aim. This is not impossible, I have seen a 700 life DH do 1.0.3 inferno D3 like this on stream. Where everything 1 shots.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Mar 10, 2014, 7:25:35 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Yeah its path of ranged, and in hc you obv take as many hp nodes as possible (path of ranged life nodes).

You become good enough that you stutterstep everything and kite well enough to barely ever get hit, is your aim. This is not impossible, I have seen a 700 life DH do 1.0.3 inferno D3 like this on stream. Where everything 1 shots.

Not a good comparison. In pre-nerf inferno all DHs were playing with 0 survivability and damage-only since they would be 1-shot anyway. But they had extremely powerful kiting skills and there were no reflect mechanics. Also, they died a lot, it's just that dying didn't matter at all.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2014, 7:34:55 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Not a good comparison. In pre-nerf inferno all DHs were playing with 0 survivability and damage-only since they would be 1-shot anyway. But they had extremely powerful kiting skills and there were no reflect mechanics. Also, they died a lot, it's just that dying didn't matter at all.

Oh yeah I know what was about

when nether tentacle was doing 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 damage yep I still remember.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bars wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Yes there was reflect, they had smoke screen. But reflect has nothing to do with this anyway, I dont get your point. Its a perfect comparison, if he didnt get hit, anyone can adapt his playstyle. @other guy: he did it first post NT nerf, and then after 1 0 3 again too. Search youtube for DH 300k gold challenge or something, he also never used NT and his dps was horrible. He was amazing though, you should see some of the elite packs he fought, back when they had reheal and enrage ^^
We're kinda derailing the thread. My main point was that in PoE there aren't kiting skills that even begin to compare with D3 demon hunter. Good luck playing in PoE without ever having to tank some damage.

(edit: I mean in HC/Invasion)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2014, 7:48:38 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Let me preface by giving you a pro tip .... SKIP all corrupted areas and invader bosses until you are in ledge and have ideally gotten your first rare item set ... I Ripped 8 TIMES yesterday before I figured out what I had to do and I aint ashamed of it (and keep the you suck jokes to yourself ... this never happened in hc or nemesis). It just shows what a pathetic and incompetent playtesting team they have. Nearly every boss is tuned to one shot and you can do nothing about it .... do GGG's playtesters have characters with 200 hp and 75 res all at level 1??

Anyways .... with the life nerf and these bosses, the metagame in hardcore and especially invasion is being pushed towards ranged again. You are being promoted to play ranged and nothing else. There is I think two marauders and one duelist in the top 20 in the league and 2 of them are rip, and I can bet my left nut its EK marauder or bow marauder / duelist. (Marauders and duelists are the only melee builds you usually see in HC ... they are the best starting area and have the best nodes within reach for later) You have to literally AVOID all boss damage (not block evade or dodge ... manually avoid). I am going firestorm / EK and getting as much fcr as possible to shorten cast animations so I can stutterstup / kite play, because the bosses are insane. Feel free to look up that word on the dictionary.

What do other HC players think?

Oh and please no comments from scrubcore players, or alt f4 / desync excuses. I refuse to alt f4 and I rarely have desync issues.

i killed every invasion boss ive come across except my first couple run-ins with Duchess, and cleared 2 or 3 corrupted areas (before upgrading gear). this is with mostly blue gear, (2 rares, until A2). i was wearing 3 pieces of lvl 8ish gear, (edit-linked them) 2 rares, the rest blues, until about the middle to last half of A3 norm. in a1 cruel now. and im NOT searing bond. im mainly using arc and ice nova (and raging spirits when things get rough)...two skills that people complain about needlessly..

youre complaining about their playtesting team when theyve said theyre deliberating trying to kill you in this league. its MEANT to be difficult. and of course ranged is going to be easier until we learn the dynamics of the new bosses... im enjoying the difficulty and the intensity of the league created by the fact that at any moment i could rip.

i wore those well into A3 norm...along with a blue paua's amulet with str and mana, which ive since vendored. i havent survived (so far) because im good. its because im careful. i knew it was going to be incredibly difficult because its what EVERYONE has been saying since news came out about the league, and what GGG has even said themselves. again, THERYE TRYING TO KILL YOU! lol.
Last edited by awave on Mar 10, 2014, 8:00:14 AM
"
awave wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Let me preface by giving you a pro tip .... SKIP all corrupted areas and invader bosses until you are in ledge and have ideally gotten your first rare item set ... I Ripped 8 TIMES yesterday before I figured out what I had to do and I aint ashamed of it (and keep the you suck jokes to yourself ... this never happened in hc or nemesis). It just shows what a pathetic and incompetent playtesting team they have. Nearly every boss is tuned to one shot and you can do nothing about it .... do GGG's playtesters have characters with 200 hp and 75 res all at level 1??

Anyways .... with the life nerf and these bosses, the metagame in hardcore and especially invasion is being pushed towards ranged again. You are being promoted to play ranged and nothing else. There is I think two marauders and one duelist in the top 20 in the league and 2 of them are rip, and I can bet my left nut its EK marauder or bow marauder / duelist. (Marauders and duelists are the only melee builds you usually see in HC ... they are the best starting area and have the best nodes within reach for later) You have to literally AVOID all boss damage (not block evade or dodge ... manually avoid). I am going firestorm / EK and getting as much fcr as possible to shorten cast animations so I can stutterstup / kite play, because the bosses are insane. Feel free to look up that word on the dictionary.

What do other HC players think?

Oh and please no comments from scrubcore players, or alt f4 / desync excuses. I refuse to alt f4 and I rarely have desync issues.

i killed every invasion boss ive come across except my first couple run-ins with Duchess, and cleared 2 or 3 corrupted areas (before upgrading gear). this is with all blue gear, (maybe 1 rare, until A2). in a1 cruel now. and im NOT searing bond. im mainly using arc and ice nova (and raging spirits when things get rough)...two skills that people complain about needlessly in the forums...

youre complaining about their playtesting team when theyve said theyre deliberating trying to kill you in this league. its MEANT to be difficult. and of course ranged is going to be easier until we learn the dynamics of the new bosses... im enjoying the difficulty and the intensity of the league created by the fact that at any moment i could rip.

Agreed.

Personally I think one-shot mechanics are fantastic, they add alot of excitement to the game. I really don't care that they remove all agency from players (outside of simply skipping the bosses that can potentially one shot you), because after all, this game is just about finding awesome loot.

ARPGs aren't supposed to be truly challenging the skill of players. You make a character, level it up, find some awesome loot, stack life, stack resists, preferably use a shield and cast some spells.

All the people complaining about 1 shot mechanics just need to man the fuck up, take more life nodes and start using shields, or alternatively go play Diablo3.

But we all know how bad that game is... am I right? AM I RIGHT? High five.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Mar 10, 2014, 8:00:24 AM
Dude you need to read ^^ I simply said skip 1-6 levels cuz they are oneshot tuned only. I am doing fine now, and yes it was meant to be hard and yes im enjoying it and yes it does promote ranged really, technically you are ranged too not melee.

"
Bars wrote:
We're kinda derailing the thread. My main point was that in PoE there aren't kiting skills that even begin to compare with D3 demon hunter. Good luck playing in PoE without ever having to tank some damage.

it can be done lol
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Mar 10, 2014, 8:04:28 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Dude you need to read ^^ I simply said skip 1-6 levels cuz they are oneshot tuned only. I am doing fine now, and yes it was meant to be hard and yes im enjoying it and yes it does promote ranged really, technically you are ranged too not melee.

"
Bars wrote:

it can be done lol

How exactly are you going to deal with devourers, flickerstrikers, leapslammers, high-range shooters and reflect? Yes, perhaps you can do it... until you get instagibbed, that is.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2014, 8:11:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info