Flux says

I am sure Blizzard will not have too much trouble with the player base..... But they are losing a lot of players because of D3 graphics.... I expected them to be true to the Diablo series -- more realistic. Instead, it just looks like WOW ARPG. For some, it's good.... But not for everyone.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
"
bkboggy wrote:
I am sure Blizzard will not have too much trouble with the player base..... But they are losing a lot of players because of D3 graphics.... I expected them to be true to the Diablo series -- more realistic. Instead, it just looks like WOW ARPG. For some, it's good.... But not for everyone.

If someone care about graphics he need to watch film or go swimming ... If you are gamer only gameplay is for you important.{+ D3 graphic is at very good quality } If ppl don't like game art .They don't have to play it... I know ppl who saying graphic is similar to wow ... but watch how much milions playing wow.
D3

wow
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Jul 18, 2011, 12:33:22 PM
Just because I don't like certain game's graphics, it does not automatically make me a bad gamer. I played WOW, and I thought the graphics worked for it. I never said anything about D3's graphics being bad, I just said that myself and a few thousand other players disagree on Blizzard's choice of graphics. I would much rather have D2's realistish old sprite graphics. To each is own. I look at everything as a package -- everything has to fit.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
"
bkboggy wrote:
Just because I don't like certain game's graphics, it does not automatically make me a bad gamer. I played WOW, and I thought the graphics worked for it. I never said anything about D3's graphics being bad, I just said that myself and a few thousand other players disagree on Blizzard's choice of graphics. I would much rather have D2's realistish old sprite graphics. To each is own. I look at everything as a package -- everything has to fit.

I really understand you but everything can't fit for all ppl on planet. Some will love this style some not . I just don't think so
"
But they are losing a lot of players because of D3 graphics
10 ppl can say oh wth is this art style but at end 9/10 will play it ... Old d3 art
Last edited by CAKE on Jul 18, 2011, 1:12:10 PM
Path of exile {i really love this art style} This have old looking potions and menu but nice new dark graphic .
Well, that's why I said that Blizzard will not have problems with player base. And that is exactly why games like POE can flourish at the same time as D3 -- everyone has their own preference. I am glad there are choices out there, so we don't have to settle for what everyone else likes.

Besides, seems to me that graphic style matters to you too, and it does to a lot of people. Original Diablo was going to be claymation. Luckily Blizzard North joined the team.
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 18, 2011, 1:27:23 PM
WOW graphics fit to WOW but not D3. It's much better now than at first time they released screens. Although I expected more gore/horror/dark themes in D3.

Anyway I will try both - D3 and PoE - for sure but for now I'm more into PoE - simply because of the look.
If POE turns out to be good, I probably won't even have time on other games. That's how I was with D2 until hackers ruined it.
"
CAKE wrote:
Path of exile {i really love this art style} This have old looking potions and menu but nice new dark graphic .

GUI shown is not final one - newer version, currently being made and discussed on Alpha forum, looks soooooo much better, in terms of overal feel / fit to PoE.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Has there been any news on this interview? I thought it was supposed to have been out by now.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info