SotV Deployment Timeline and Updated Patch Notes

"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1zlt62/updated_for_110_offline_skill_tree_calculator/

Oh yesssssssssssssssss
Degen bear No 2, thx for taking away another toy from us summoners. What is it 4th?

It does look like they want the old summoner back, which was annoying to play, as it took far far too long to clear content. I remember when I first started, everyone was talking that summoners are safe but boring, since it takes ages to even clear docks (and they were right), we might be getting back there now...
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Mar 5, 2014, 1:47:08 AM
"
lukeiy wrote:
I have my buckets ready for the delicious burning miscreation QQ tears

Your buckets are ready
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
halaci wrote:
Sorry for the possibly very noob question (this is the first major change in the game since my playing), but how does the modification of the passive tree works IRL in case of my existing characters?

I mean if I already had a path where the nodes are changed or moved to a different place does the server redistribute my passives and may I lost an important node if it moved farther? I saw in the notes that there will be a reset button to rearrange my existing points, so I can remedy (at least I hope I will be able) if something drastic and to me unfavourable change happens, I would only like to know how does it work.

(lesson to me: try build up a character fully in four months, to avoid unexpected changes in the planned tree)

You don't have to worry. You're being given a full passive reset. What this means is that all your spent passive points can be unallocated again. So you can simply spec them back as they were (in one go, since you won't be losing your level), change them around a bit or even spec them completely differently (full resets are often used by players as opportunities to switch their chars to different builds). The tree will be different, of course, but the choice of how to use the new tree is left up to you. The server doesn't do any automatic re-arranging. Every point you have you choose how to allocate.

Just ensure you don't try allocating any further points you may have until you've respecced or the full reset option will go away. If you're unsure what to change to adapt to the new tree, then leave that character alone (the respec option doesn't have a time limit) and play with another to familiarize yourself with the new tree. Then return and respec as you wish.
for a free game GGG sure do kick ass when it comes to updates/patches
BM balance...thank god...I'm still going summoner...but they were just too broken...made it easy to afk in areas
Finally, BM nerf. Hope snapshotting gets fixed soon, so that my true necromancer feels worthy :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
It's going to be a loooong 15 hours. After release I'm gonna have a few marathon sessions, can't wait. :D
"
halaci wrote:
Sorry for the possibly very noob question (this is the first major change in the game since my playing), but how does the modification of the passive tree works IRL in case of my existing characters?

I mean if I already had a path where the nodes are changed or moved to a different place does the server redistribute my passives and may I lost an important node if it moved farther? I saw in the notes that there will be a reset button to rearrange my existing points, so I can remedy (at least I hope I will be able) if something drastic and to me unfavourable change happens, I would only like to know how does it work.

(lesson to me: try build up a character fully in four months, to avoid unexpected changes in the planned tree)
If you don't choose to accept the respec then only things that are changed/different will be refunded afaik.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Purrity of essence cluster seems to be unchanged :) LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info