[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

hey asidra.

went after jungle valley boss with a friend.

it wasn't pretty.

that's a brutal encounter, not because of the mobs, they die really quickly but that freaking boss attacks so fast and hits so hard i don't see how it's possible to survive without spell block of substantial proportions.

skellie totem dies instantly. can't raise zombies because i'm running around too much trying to avoid that freaking boss.

any advice ?

edit: interestingly, i wonder if ice wall would work for that... i mean you really gotta have a way to block that #$#%!! EK attack.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Sep 4, 2014, 7:13:56 PM
Here are my Zombies Stats:

And Plastic - just for you, Jungle Valley Boss. I just try and stay out of trouble and let my Poison do the Work.

http://youtu.be/ZMPA1DxkMAI

Also of note for everyone talking about Zombie fragility - 2 of my 4 lived the entire encounter - and that's one crowded room.

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Sep 5, 2014, 7:16:11 PM
Question: Why do you not take projectile piercing node (30% chance) in the wheel where you take all the minor nodes (next to phase acro)?

I realise pierce chance may already be very high, but with drillneck that is +30% projectile damage, isn't it?

I don't really know what your pierce chance is, but assuming you are capped at 100% pierce without taking this node - obviously raising to 130% will do nothing for the pierce chance, but will it still contribute 30% damage to drillneck?
"
Bobblybook wrote:
Question: Why do you not take projectile piercing node (30% chance) in the wheel where you take all the minor nodes (next to phase acro)?

I realise pierce chance may already be very high, but with drillneck that is +30% projectile damage, isn't it?

I don't really know what your pierce chance is, but assuming you are capped at 100% pierce without taking this node - obviously raising to 130% will do nothing for the pierce chance, but will it still contribute 30% damage to drillneck?

From wiki: Chance to pierce cannot exceed 100%, therefore the maximum increased projectile damage obtainable from Drillneck is 100%.

Also since i can't find it on wiki and i'm pretty new at the game, can you get this quiver in rampage league or where is it from?
It was a unique exclusive to Ambush, however it can spawn in the current leagues.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
alehalo24 wrote:
From wiki: Chance to pierce cannot exceed 100%, therefore the maximum increased projectile damage obtainable from Drillneck is 100%.

Thanks. I read something on the wiki for the pierce gem/effect itself and it was worded such that it seemed to suggest your character pierce chance could go beyond 100%, but would have no practical effect with attacks. I see where it's clarified on the drillneck page now.

It would still be useful to know what pierce% Asidra is sitting at though (if you're reading this!)... I see you mentioned 85%, though not sure if that's taking into account the minor pierce nodes.
He should be at 94% , 74 from pierce gem with quality + 2x 5% from the wheel and another 10% from drillneck itself.

edit: could be 95% or a bit higher, because i forgot the +1 gemlvl for pierce gem, but i dont know its value there.
Last edited by Troublebush on Sep 5, 2014, 2:09:13 PM
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
It was a unique exclusive to Ambush, however it can spawn in the current leagues.

Thanks for the help :)
"
Bobblybook wrote:

I am at 95%. 75% from my Pierce gem, 10% from drillneck, and 10% from the tree already. Pierce chance, even for the sake of damage via Drillneck cannot exceed 100%. So that 30% Pierce node would give 5% more increased damage. I don't find it worth it. My next nodes taken would be mana and mana regen at the Witch start.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Sep 5, 2014, 5:52:36 PM
"
Asidra wrote:
I am at 95%. 75% from my Pierce gem, 10% from drillneck, and 10% from the tree already. Pierce chance, even for the sake of damage via Drillneck cannot exceed 100%. So that 30% Pierce node would give 5% more increased damage. I don't find it worth it. My next nodes taken would be mana and mana regen at the Witch start.

Yes that makes sense. I guess I could have added it up, I assumed there was some complicated calculation somewhere. You really have got this build down to an art. Congrats!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info