PewPewPews Official Build Topic

when will this knockball guide be up waiting with baited breath bro
I'm looking forwards to the Lightning Ram build too (It's a ball of lightning and it knocks people around. I think it fits), but I was also wondering.

How do you think up and plan your builds? Because I've tried to do the same, but I never get much of anywhere in the end, so knowing how someone whose builds I respect and find incredibly fun to play does it would hopefully help.
It's been a while. As usual, I've been taking some on and off time on PoE.

While I was planning to do a guide on the knockballer, I encountered two major problems among the way. Lack of Single target DPS, Very fragile in higher maps(tier 8/9+)I wanted to fix this before I wrote the guide. But I just couldn't get to a satisfying conclusion. Better gear seemed to be the only thing, and that was something I tried to avoid. I want my builds to be cheap. And needing a 6 link, and some top tier gear is certainly not cheap. Yes, it worked great in lower maps, but that's not what I want. If I release a build, it should be end game worthy.

You could say I've been working on the build ever since - during my on and off time. I leveled several characters to 80+ until I found something I was actually satisfied with. In the meanwhile, I switched from base skill, had several overhauls in the tree, but you know what, it's there now. And I'm satisfied with it.

Meet my new love, Firestorm. Pew edition!

Now, I've done this multiple times before, saying I have a great idea, and ending up not turning it into a build. That is why I was hesitant to post this little announcement. But this time, I'm already busy writing up the gigantic first post of the guide - currently around 33% of it is done. So this time, I'm pretty certain this will be a guide(feel free to keep nagging me about it if it takes too long).

And... well, I'll probably do less video's as well. As you can see, recording isn't as smooth as it used to be. I guess I could put everything on low quality for a smoother run, but honestly, that is not my style. But I'll try to do a few exciting ones as well :)

So... yeah, sorry bout the long silence from my side. I still haven't properly come back to PoE yet, but at least I found something very enjoyable once more :)

@AielloA: if you ever get to read this, I really just start playing with a skill. I test multiple setups, see what is possible and what isn't, and try to get as far as possible with that skill without really upgrading my gear. After a while, I just notice the flaws, I'll try to fix them, and not by upgrading my gear, but by changing the gems, adding more setups, etc. For example, I noticed enemies could just walk through the firestorm and beat me up. So at first I tried knockback on my firestorm(also very interesting). That felt unreliable, so then I swapped over to zombies. Noticed I only had to refund around 10 points to get zombies strong enough to tank whatever needs to be tanked, so that was great.

Sometimes, it's also a unique, that gives me a wild idea. For example, I tried to use the heartbound loop combined with a low level CwDT + Summon Skeletons, to trigger skills, just like scolds. Ended up being too much work to get it done, so I dropped the idea, but who knows what it could have been if I kept working on it ;P
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Should probably mention the firestormer is absolutely devastating for old pc's :-D

Effective though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info