PewPewPews Official Build Topic

Let me introduce myself.
I am Pew, Been playing Path of Exile for over a year now, and still addicted to the core. Playing mostly/fully self found, I found it quite the challenge to get to end game. In the end, I succeeded. I not only managed to collect a share of 78s, I also ran my share as well.
But while playing, I found out I had a love for creating builds. And not just builds. Builds for starters, or people with low funds. Fun builds, that didn't bore me after playing it for a decent amount of hours.
I have created a few builds of my own already and plan on doing a lot more over time. My guides are detailed and I try to make them easy to follow, even for a beginner with just minimum experience. I use both visuals and links to more information, so everything you need to know about a build, will be there.

Yeah, you might have guessed it already: this is going to be my personal official guide topic, where I hold an overview of my guides, post updates whenever I update any of my guides, share my idea's for upcoming builds, etc.

Without further ado, my builds!

Lightning Warp/Incinerate
Warp around the battlefield while upholding your charged flames. Everything foolish enough to stand near you, will melt within seconds. And everything foolish enough to attack you, will warp you towards it.

This build feels like a perfect combination between offence and defence. And the warp, often acts as a great defence. It teleports you away from anything attacking you in close range, while warping you towards everything that strikes you from a distance.

Great for solo, very cheap to build. Click the card for the build.

Detonate Dead
... It is that Templar we exiled from Oriath. There is nothing holy left on this man. He slaughtered thousands of our man with demonic rituals, and he is not stopping there. He is coming for you my lord.

One of the survivors reported that he summoned the corpses of the slain to the battlefield. Corpses of those they know. Comrades, old friends, even family. No body is holy to him. And then, he detonates the bodies, spreading body parts of the fallen throughout the battlefield. The survivor reported that the entire battlefield was a "burning hell".

I saw his demonic ritual myself. Those close to the bodies were slain immediately by the explosion. Others around the bodies were burned down to cinders. This is no man of god anymore. This is not a Templar. Wraeclast turned him into a demon - no, into something worse than a demon.

Summon Bodies, Detonate, watch them burn. It's simple, but so satisfying to see entire groups burn down to the ground, or bosses rapidly lose their life. With just a couple of exalts, you have everything you need for this build.

Surge Trapper
He looked defenseless. His armor was weak, there was no magic surrounding him. And yet, he looked confident, relaxed. We had him surrounded. An army of the finest blackguards. Yet they all seemed fearful of the exile. They couldn't sense anything, but they knew it was wrong. Why would a man, who slaughtered thousands of others before, stand here, defenseless. He had to be up to something. I gave the order to attack. No one hesitated, they all charged forward. And that is where everything went wrong.

Flames erupted from below my man, spreading fire throughout the ranks. Those caught on fire, ran away, only to burn to cinders outside the fiery hell. And those who didn't, where engulfed by even stronger flames. It all took less than a few seconds. That seemingly defenseless man. A monster.

Throw traps, and go! By far the cheapest build of all, needing only two very cheap uniques. If you do have the wealth, there are plenty of options you can consider to get more damage out.

Flicker Strike
Sadly I stopped updating her after the 1.0.0 patch. Compared to my other builds, she is not as strong, but still very fun to play. I plan on picking up this build once the new patch hits. So stay tuned!

Click the card for the guide!

Why this topic?
As you might have noticed, I like to keep things organised - as far as it's possible. This is another attempt to keep things accessible for everyone. I will also start sharing new idea's for upcoming builds in here. I guess it's more of a blog that way eh? ;P

Feel free to check out any of the builds, leave a comment or whatever ;P

Random Idea's?
Sometimes, a random idea pops up in my head, and just keeps buzzing around. What is I put this gem with this one, or use this unique to power up this? Most of the time, they fail epicly, but sometimes... That one idea turns out to be a gem. I will post here some of the idea's I've been working on lately.

"
Crit EK

Requires some more investment, but is very strong and fun as well. Since the last change to EK, it's much more enjoyable now. It feels much better to use, especially with crits. Seeing everything going up in flames, before they get shattered into dozens of pieces feels just... great.

With gems around 17, I already hit around the 10K. I expect it to rise to 15, and with some better gear around 20 - 25K.

Quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8spRNE1AvQ&feature=youtu.be

"
Skeleton Summoner

I've done a vid on her before. Domi kill, using only skeletons. I picked this one up not too long ago, first just to get spell echo from the lib quest. But I really felt this one, once I started playing her, even though she was far from complete.

It kinds of feel a bit like raging spirits, only this is more "fire and forget", since the skeletons have a long uptime. You can simply summon two groups next to a big pack, and 'forget' about them.

I plan on getting curses, better aura's, a better set-up for my skeletons/zombies and maybe a nice CWDT, or something like a devouring totem.

Quick Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfTaZHMfB0A&feature=youtu.be

I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Aug 6, 2014, 7:19:59 AM
I like your builds, they are sensible.

Your incinerate build inspired me to try incinerate again after I played a failed incinerator ages ago in beta. It inspired me to make an acrobatics version losely based on your incinerator which is doing very very well.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Feb 27, 2014, 3:45:41 PM
Nice write up, keep us posted, good work!
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
I like the stat cards things you've done for these, very nice. Also your incinerate build sounds very fun.
I've been playing my own incinerate build for a long time, recently decided to replace my skeleton totem with lightning warp. It's definitely a lot more fun now, though can be very hard to follow due to a reduced duration gem.

Don't you ever find yourself being ported into parts of the map where your incinerate beams get caught on some tiny bit of geometry and end up having to move and lose your stacks? I love it otherwise, but that happens so often I'm almost willing to take it off.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I think you should review the number of stars for Flicker strike:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287

Edit: nvm those were links to your own builds.
Selling logs: /view-thread/782113(very high speed)
Rhys epic times : view-thread/780247
Last edited by Inexium2 on Feb 27, 2014, 5:35:29 PM
"
Inexium2 wrote:
I think you should review the number of stars for Flicker strike:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287

Edit: nvm those were links to your own builds.

TBH Flicker builds need good daggers (and high crit) to shine.

If you check Pew's flicker equipment, you can see why he has given lower star ratings.
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Nicely presented. I'll certainly have a look at those builds.
IGN: GyreJubjub (Nemesis)
Agree on the stat cards! VERY NICE!

I do find self casting standard spells like incinerate a little weak at the moment, but agreed on the other 2 builds.

Would be interesting if you could further develop the stats idea explaining at what levels do you give certain stars to stats (dominus run in x time = clear speed y stars).

And your name doesn't match your account name. I'm confused! lol.
"
Spoiler
Let me introduce myself.
I am Pew, Been playing Path of Exile for over a year now, and still addicted to the core. Playing mostly/fully self found, I found it quite the challenge to get to end game. In the end, I succeeded. I not only managed to collect a share of 78s, I also ran my share as well.
But while playing, I found out I had a love for creating builds. And not just builds. Builds for starters, or people with low funds. Fun builds, that didn't bore me after playing it for a decent amount of hours.
I have created a few builds of my own already and plan on doing a lot more over time. My guides are detailed and I try to make them easy to follow, even for a beginner with just minimum experience. I use both visuals and links to more information, so everything you need to know about a build, will be there.

Yeah, you might have guessed it already: this is going to be my personal official guide topic, where I hold an overview of my guides, post updates whenever I update any of my guides, share my idea's for upcoming builds, etc.

Without further ado, my builds!

Lightning Warp/Incinerate
Warp around the battlefield while upholding your charged flames. Everything foolish enough to stand near you, will melt within seconds. And everything foolish enough to attack you, will warp you towards it.

This build feels like a perfect combination between offence and defence. And the warp, often acts as a great defence. It teleports you away from anything attacking you in close range, while warping you towards everything that strikes you from a distance.

Great for solo, very cheap to build. Click the card for the build.

Detonate Dead
... It is that Templar we exiled from Oriath. There is nothing holy left on this man. He slaughtered thousands of our man with demonic rituals, and he is not stopping there. He is coming for you my lord.

One of the survivors reported that he summoned the corpses of the slain to the battlefield. Corpses of those they know. Comrades, old friends, even family. No body is holy to him. And then, he detonates the bodies, spreading body parts of the fallen throughout the battlefield. The survivor reported that the entire battlefield was a "burning hell".

I saw his demonic ritual myself. Those close to the bodies were slain immediately by the explosion. Others around the bodies were burned down to cinders. This is no man of god anymore. This is not a Templar. Wraeclast turned him into a demon - no, into something worse than a demon.

Summon Bodies, Detonate, watch them burn. It's simple, but so satisfying to see entire groups burn down to the ground, or bosses rapidly lose their life. With just a couple of exalts, you have everything you need for this build.

Currently, this build is still under construction, but will be fully up within a few days. So keep your eyes open for it! Click the card for the guide!

Flicker Strike
Sadly I stopped updating her after the 1.0.0 patch. Compared to my other builds, she is not as strong, but still very fun to play. I plan on picking up this build once the new patch hits. So stay tuned!

Click the card for the guide!

Why this topic?
As you might have noticed, I like to keep things organised - as far as it's possible. This is another attempt to keep things accessible for everyone. I will also start sharing new idea's for upcoming builds in here. I guess it's more of a blog that way eh? ;P

Feel free to check out any of the builds, leave a comment or whatever ;P

I always love hearing about builds for self found players, especially if they are HC viable. Thanks for the work XD
That said, I lulz'd when I got to flicker and found that it had no areas over 3 stars. Makes me sad since I'd love to do flicker and I've been trying to make a viable flicker build for a long time, but had the same issues you're probably having. Though even if flicker became a great HC build, it'd probably be done without daggers anyways so meh :P
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 27, 2014, 9:15:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info