Why doesn't the game automatically do /oos?

Every couple seconds or so? Sure it's not a fix, but it beats typing it manually while you're in combat taking damage from mobs that turn out to be one whole screen away.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Because the servers would not be able to cope with that.
It would result in very clunky gameplay and is not realistic serverwise.
Last edited by kasub on Feb 26, 2014, 1:37:01 PM
And even now it only works in 10 sec intervals.

Assumung it was automatic.. If you made it like every second or two it would probably be an issue for the servers, and if it was like it is now (10 sec) it would be teleporting you without your consent pretty much (every 10 seconds, although you wouldn't always experience that, but generally speaking).
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Server and client do sync from time to time, when u rubber band the they just did for example.

It doesn't do it more often cause this would take to much bandwitdh.
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
And even now it only works in 10 sec intervals.

Assumung it was automatic.. If you made it like every second or two it would probably be an issue for the servers, and if it was like it is now (10 sec) it would be teleporting you without your consent pretty much (every 10 seconds, although you wouldn't always experience that, but generally speaking).

Is it ten second cooldown? I thought it was 30 secs.
GGG - Why you no?
"
JoannaDark wrote:
Is it ten second cooldown? I thought it was 30 secs.

Yes it's 10 afaik.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
The answer is complicated... it's money, and it's playability. If you get too frequent of updates, the game gets a stutter feel. You're always rubberbanding. The ideal is to get rubberbanding only when it's important to. The problem becomes when you don't correct when you wish you had. The other side of that coin is a different problem, correcting when there's no significant error. Both are bad... so they compromise.
Well that sucks.

Can I at least macro it somehow so I don't have to go through the chat every time? Ideally so it's done when I execute a skill; something like:

/oos
/cast Cyclone
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
The game resyncs you anyway, so how is that any different?

And why would you NOT want to rubberband, even in no-danger situations? Knowing where you are, and IF you're in danger, is always nice...
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info