It's on page 4
searing bond is op
Last edited by Ryce on Mar 9, 2014, 4:54:11 AM
should i get level 20 searing bond?
"
weihong wrote:
Hey uber or anyone would reply to my queries? :(
It's on page 4

DoT nodes have the same scaling as Fire nodes in the case of Searing Bond, yes. Arsonist is definitely a good option now for damage. Did not see this.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Great guide!

I've just rolled through act 1 cruel in invasion, brutus kill took 6 seconds, merv took about 30, with out taking a hit from either. Cruising through act 2 now and only some of the invasion bosses give me a hard time.

Here is my gear and build for reference (at 41):
Spoiler

Build : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWxJpFE0XHBmFGjgabCSqKU8qEyynNuk62EbXSsRN2FnzWitdxnF5cqmBb4Kbi4yMdpBVna6ePKIAo_KnCKeErKq1BMAa2t3hc-Nq5CLqGOw47SDwH_cy-Os=

Note: I do think SB is OP at this level
Last edited by Brommies on Mar 9, 2014, 10:20:30 PM
"
Brommies wrote:
Great guide!

I've just rolled through act 1 cruel in invasion, brutus kill took 6 seconds, merv took about 30, with out taking a hit from either. Cruising through act 2 now and only some of the invasion bosses give me a hard time.

Here is my gear and build for reference (at 41):
Spoiler

Build : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWxJpFE0XHBmFGjgabCSqKU8qEyynNuk62EbXSsRN2FnzWitdxnF5cqmBb4Kbi4yMdpBVna6ePKIAo_KnCKeErKq1BMAa2t3hc-Nq5CLqGOw47SDwH_cy-Os=

Note: I do think SB is OP at this level

two things i immediately noticed:

added fire does not work with flameblast, added fire grants % extra fire damage based off the *physical* damage that the supported skill does.

your main hand is suboptimal. search through vendors for a scepter that does 20% elemental damage (searing bond doesn't scale off spell damage), use a transmute orb on it to turn it blue, and then sell it to a vendor along with an orb of alteration and a ruby ring of any kind. this will turn the scepter into one that does +1 to level of fire gems in it. aug it and hope for a really good secondary roll, then put your searing bond in that.
"
Reduced the damage of Searing Bond (by 28% at gem level 1, tapering to no change at gem level 20). Because most support gems don't affect Searing Bond, it's still quite powerful, especially when socketed in items that grant additional gem levels.

From the new hotfix.

I'm going to take some more dmg nodes in my build to compensate.
Thank you TheuberClips for this excellent guide!

I've installed this game a week ago. I have only started to play a hardcore marauder until lvl 20 and then, created a Templar in Invasion league the day SotV was released. After 2 RIP at level 3 and 9 against Invasion boss, I've started to play more cautiously and discovered your guide ;)

I must admit that the reason that has inspired me to read your guide is the word "Tanky" in the tittle, because I searched a safe build, suited to HC (and Invasion).

I can say I'm more than happy. I've played slowly, with the less spoilers I can, discovering the game quest by quest. I've taken more life in the skill tree than you, because HC.

I've obtained the searing bond gem at lvl 32 and the Ancestral bond at lvl 34, and I'm alive ;)

I've only played 30 min yesterday before the patch, but even with the damage reduction of searing bond at low level, this skill is very powerful.

I'm currently learning to place my totems and move around, and it is a lot of fun.

I hope to stay alive enough time to appreciate this build, and I'll come back to read your guide more in detail.

CU
@Theuber

i have a Scion can you please show how the passive skill tree has to look for that char because i will change my build to searing bond.
"
"
Reduced the damage of Searing Bond (by 28% at gem level 1, tapering to no change at gem level 20). Because most support gems don't affect Searing Bond, it's still quite powerful, especially when socketed in items that grant additional gem levels.

From the new hotfix.

I'm going to take some more dmg nodes in my build to compensate.

It's not really a significant debuff. It's still powerful. No need for any significant node change
Last edited by Huyzee on Mar 10, 2014, 10:43:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info