Firestorm Templar [my current build]

Hi Guys.

I just thought that I would share with you my current build I am running.
After going Cold in the closed beta I decided to go Fire open beta.
I killed piety on default and brutus on cruel without dying.

Here is my current passive tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbEmkUTRccGmwfAiqNNsU22EbXSRtN2F3GYG1xeXrmfVOBb4KbgziHZYuMjHaOZJeFnC2dgJ2unjyiAKcIr7e1BLaGtvrUfNgk3fPhc-Qi52rsVe0g73zwH_Fs96Y=

Linked gems:

Edit: I have updated the gem configuration and skill points.

The build feels very strong, and burning stuff is always satifying.

Last edited by seg_fault on Jan 31, 2013, 7:21:26 PM
Honestly I think you can make everything work below merciless difficulty. Normal really isn't representative in any way. Update when you soloed Cruel Vaal!
What build are you running out of curiosity?

I personally don't care much for cookie cutter OP builds...
I like to do my own thing and I am gonna roll many builds. This is one of the only ARPGs out there that give you so much potential to make truly different builds.
Last edited by seg_fault on Jan 28, 2013, 6:04:15 AM
"
seg_fault wrote:
What build are you running out of curiosity?

I personally don't care much for cookie cutter OP builds...
I like to do my own thing and I am gonna roll many builds. This is one of the only ARPGs out there that give you so much potential to make truly different builds.

Play how you wanna play. Make changes if you need to but do it like you want.
Looks like an interesting build! I like the idea of combining Life on Hit with Firestorm, does it work well for tanking, like can you stand there tanking spamming firestorm on yourself? How many "hits" can you get with firestorm if a big pack is surrounding you?
I must admit that I really dont like Firestorm at all, but the idea of just trying what looks fun is exactly what I think aswell.

Im a lvl 19 bow/meele templar atm, switching from Bow with poison arrow to 1h + shield and LS when mobs come closer. Later on I think I need to focus on the 1h + shield option, because I wont have enouth dex for bows n stuff.

But since then I just play around. Can make a cookie cutter build later, when I had my freestyle fun with the game ;)
Does Life on Hit work with spells?
"
Supp0rtguy wrote:
Does Life on Hit work with spells?

Apparently it does but I must admit that I don't really notice the life on hit as my tactics are to cast Flammability then Firestorm, I usually do this from a distance.

"
aplsin wrote:
Looks like an interesting build! I like the idea of combining Life on Hit with Firestorm, does it work well for tanking, like can you stand there tanking spamming firestorm on yourself? How many "hits" can you get with firestorm if a big pack is surrounding you?

It works very well when surrounded, pretty much everything dies instantly except elites, but cursing the elite with Flammability will drop them. Occasionally you will come across an elite that is immune to curses and might have extra life or life regen... In this situation you just need to spam your health potions and wait for them to start burning. As soon as they actually burn they don't last long.
This build looks nice.
I'm trying a similar build to yours, but I do a frost thing and also put some point to shield nodes (wand+shield)
-Ice Nova for AOE DPS skill (will need Life leech support)
-Ice Lance for single target
-Tempest Shield, even it's a lightning damage but I just need its Block chance.

Here is the 69-point-build and need some advice too (need some tweak)

But I'm afraid that my build will have low DPS at endgame. any suggestion?
Have you actually noticed that your build is weaker or are you merely speculating?
Bearing in mind they did balancing since the closed beta. So until someone gets there we don't know. But also bear this in mind. If it is underpowered then it will surely be buffed. From what we have seen so far GGG are committed to this game are hot on balancing.

This game is not meant to be face rolled as we have seen since the closed beta things that were OP have been nerfed.
Last edited by seg_fault on Jan 28, 2013, 11:52:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info