Lich Templar Build - Need advice

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDH0QfxCXEdsUTRmFGjIaOBpsJKopTyqYMoky0TbpQ2NEBEVHRtdI5025TdhPfVFgV-JY9V3GYG1mnnB9cU135X1TgFaBb4KbgziFYIhAi4yMdo9GkDOQVZrPm6GdgJ2uncSePKIApqynCKeEqZWqxLUEtoa3MbiTwBrGnsy80NDZC93z4XPjauQi7DjtIPAf99f6gA==

New to the game, first build I'd really like to make efficient in HC.

Hoping to use freezing pulse for group mobs, minions to tank for me, and unsure if Ice Spear is my best option for a single target spell.

Will be using wand + shield (for increased ele res).

My question is, am I better off spending points in nodes that help my cold dmg more than the few minion nodes I have chosen?
Last edited by markuzdrache on Jan 28, 2013, 2:50:31 AM
Hi!

First:

If you are using spells than forget Catalyse and the other 2 Weapon Elemental Damage nodes, since they do not effect spell damage.

Second:

Forget the Addtional Spectre node. Spectre not worth it, imo.

Third:

Out of these 4 nodes you can spend 3 for the Divine Toughness and the other 2 life nodes! You will have 1 node left, now you can either go for more life, additional totem life, or crit chance, it is up to you.

Maybe totem life would be good and try Spell Totem with Skeletons, so the totem does the job for you and you can spam your cold skill. Or vica versa.
Yeah I really like the idea of spell totem + skeletons. I assume you can support it with minion life or something?

Are the increased % nodes to freeze and chill pretty mediocre then?

Updated Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDH0QfxCXEdsUTRVQFm8ZhRoyGjgabCSqKU8qmDbpQ2NEBEbXSOdN2E99UWBVxlj1WfNaK13GYG1mnnB9cU19U4BWgW-Cm4M4hWCIQIuMjHaPRpAzkFWaz5uhnYCdrp3EnjyiAKaspwinhKmVqsS1BLaGtzG4k8Aaxp7MvM9l0NDZC93z4XPjauQi7DjtIPAf99f6gA==

I imagine I am best off to focus on minion side of the tree last?
Last edited by markuzdrache on Jan 28, 2013, 5:44:33 PM
I see no reason to get at least some of your summon skills early, especially if you happen to pick up a flask that will heal minions.

I run a build very similar to yours, only using Frost Nova instead of Freezing Pulse. Mostly because I haven't found a freezing pulse yet, but that's aside from the point.

Anyhow, with that flask that I mentioned before, my zombies never die. So long as I can keep killing fast enough to keep filling it up, they serve as an excellent distraction so I can run around, Nova-ing as necessary. The only time I've had issues with them surviving was against the suicide bombers in act 2. But then, I had enough health and ES to tank the damage anyhow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info