Hey there

Hey there!

I had no idea about this gem of a game until I saw it on the Cynical Brit WTF series - it really looks like it can give Diablo 3 a run for its money.

Being a big fan of Diablo AND Final Fantasy 7 the concept of the "gems as materia(spelling?)" system is pure genius.

The games presentation looks great too. Personally, I was turned off by Blizzards real money AH in Diablo 3 - too greedy :(

Anyway, hopefully I'll get a beta invite some time soon and can also join the fray and make some youtube vids of me own arr!

-Haris
"
jonus_simbaca wrote:
Hey there!

I had no idea about this gem of a game until I saw it on the Cynical Brit WTF series - it really looks like it can give Diablo 3 a run for its money.

Being a big fan of Diablo AND Final Fantasy 7 the concept of the "gems as materia(spelling?)" system is pure genius.

The games presentation looks great too. Personally, I was turned off by Blizzards real money AH in Diablo 3 - too greedy :(

Anyway, hopefully I'll get a beta invite some time soon and can also join the fray and make some youtube vids of me own arr!

-Haris

I hate to discuss other games in here, but there's a common misconception going around about the RMAH.

It's not due to blizzard's greedy-ness (entirely). In D2 almost every high level player bought items from third party sites. Many people attempted to and got viri. Because of that, they're offering the item buyers a way to buy, and stay safe...and make blizzard bank.
"
jonus_simbaca wrote:
Hey there!

-Haris

Blizzard make billions from WoW and their other games, you actually think they're going to make money from the tiny cuts they'll get from the ah?

It would be like a handful of sand from a desert to them :P

And this way they're under control of the market, so people won't have to go to extreme measures to be retards and waste real money on items, bought from 3rd parties. :P

And you won't be forced to use the RMAH, you can use the gold auction house, and you don't have to play with anyone who uses it.

"

I hate to discuss other games in here, but there's a common misconception going around about the RMAH.

It's not due to blizzard's greedy-ness (entirely). In D2 almost every high level player bought items from third party sites. Many people attempted to and got viri. Because of that, they're offering the item buyers a way to buy, and stay safe...and make blizzard bank.

It makes zero sense to make a exploit more "safe", if anything it would make more sense to make it less safe and ergo less attractive.

You can call it a design choice with the reason that you want people to buy with real money (and anihilate any hope of a competetive enviroment) or you could call it a "cheap" way to leech some extra money, but it has nothing to do with customer safety.
Last edited by Droggeltasse on Sep 16, 2011, 4:47:46 AM
Everyone seems to forget about D2JSP when talking about the RMAH.

I really hate talking about D3 on this forum but it grinds my gears as well when people complain about the auction house. You do know that blizzard is also implementing features that allow you to sell d3 items on the auction house for credits toward their games or game time right? They are also making it so you yourself can sell items for real cash. At least the people who don't want to spend money on items are also getting something out of this. People are going to buy online game currencies / services regardless of whether the company provides them or not.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE WAITING!!

PS: I am still waiting for mine too...
"Always do more than is required of you."
D2JSP and the ones that sold for real money are the main reason the RMAH was implemented. If they implement RMAH it's all safe, and just as common as if they TRIED to prevent sales third party.
It's not the fees which will make Blizzard money.
It's the stored Money on the Blizzard accounts.
Blizzard will act like a bank and Invest the Capital.
Downloading at the Moment
"
jonus_simbaca wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info