Why doesn't Avatar of Fire affect minions?

I'm currently in the (rather slow due to how my computer can't run PoE) process of making a pure fire Witch, and I got Avatar of Fire keystone only to realize that the zombies that I summon everyone once in a while were still doing physical and lightning damage. Ultimately it doesn't really affect my damage output, but it is slightly...immersion breaking, I guess? If everything you create becomes fire, why are you able to create physical zombies (and skeletons, I assume)?
Your minions are not you, and they do not have your passive skills. If you take melee physical damage from the tree, your minions will not gain that either for the same reason. Only the passives that specifically mention minions affect them.
Okay, you've answered...what I already confirmed, actually. Well I guess you confirmed it so it's definitely true. Anyways, the question was "why?"

Maybe I should put it in suggestions instead? To have keystones affect everything you do as opposed to just most of it?
"
Tsarius1 wrote:
Okay, you've answered...what I already confirmed, actually. Well I guess you confirmed it so it's definitely true. Anyways, the question was "why?"

Maybe I should put it in suggestions instead? To have keystones affect everything you do as opposed to just most of it?

Because the keystones and passives where designed with you as a player in mind, not the minions you control.

Can you think how OP specters would be if you could pick up elemental damage and spell damage for them?
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
ciknay wrote:
"
Tsarius1 wrote:

Because the keystones and passives where designed with you as a player in mind, not the minions you control.

Can you think how OP specters would be if you could pick up elemental damage and spell damage for them?

Obviously passive nodes wouldn't apply to your minions, but.....you know, yes, I will move this to the suggestions section. Thank you for the answer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info