What is the Tankiest CI build out there??

I am looking to try out a CI character in the new leguages
assuming they don't change existing skills (yeah i know)
What is the Tankiest CI build out there, without need of a ton of ultra rare 1+ exalt items.

don't care what class
looking for new economy viable, cheap as dirt, nearly unkillable, hopefully HC viable

obviously DPS will probably suffer, but i can live with that
"
Mathus wrote:
I am looking to try out a CI character in the new leguages
assuming they don't change existing skills (yeah i know)
What is the Tankiest CI build out there, without need of a ton of ultra rare 1+ exalt items.

don't care what class
looking for new economy viable, cheap as dirt, nearly unkillable, hopefully HC viable

obviously DPS will probably suffer, but i can live with that

This is a build I'm currently working on from time to time.

According to this website: http://pathofpoe.com/builds/passive-calculator/

280% increased maximum energy shield(includes bonus from Intelligence & infused shield where applicable)

•188% increased maximum Energy Shield
•120% increased Energy Shield from equipped Shield
•45% increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery
•12% more Maximum Energy Shield

•86% increased Evasion Rating
•85% increased Defences from equipped Shield
•60% increased Armour
•50% increased Block Recovery
•36% additional Chance to Block with Shields
•24% to all Elemental Resistances
•20% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
•15% to Lightning Resistance
•12% of Block Chance applied to Spells

•54% increased Lightning Damage
•2% increased Cast Speed

•260 to Intelligence
•140 to Dexterity
•90 to Strength
•60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
•60% increased Shock Duration on enemies
•30% increased effect of Flasks
•20 to maximum Mana
•20% chance to Shock
•16% increased maximum Mana

Pros:
•Grabs just about as much block as you can from the skill tree alone
•Grabs just about as much ES from the skill tree as you can
•Grabs a little armor and some evasion, making granite flasks and Molten Shell usable
•High resistances due to the Notables in the three defense circles it allocates to and the shield circle to the northwest
•Due to the type of damage selected, it can drastically increase it's own damage with each shock stack, and can augment party members by passively increasing their damage.

Cons:
•Little armor and evasion, with none planned for gear.
•Molten Shell and granite flasks would be the best source of armor and protection, making flask choice limited
•Lightning damage is variable, sometimes providing little to no leech especially against fewer targets
•Lack of charges to increase damage. Although Power Charges are only six points away, no points are planned until ~95.
•This is an elemental damage build, meaning resistances can destroy it. Even with a penetration gem, your damage will be drastically reduced unless you run two curses.

In short, damage is mostly mitigated by block and then a massive ES pool. Granite flasks and Molten Shell can help reduce physical damage taken, but Immortal Call can easily fix that.

I'm not sure if this is the absolute tankiest build, nor a build you may like, but it grabs just about all of the ES and block chance that one can using as few points in doing so.

Edit:

An additional method to mitigate physical and fire damage is through the use of Arctic Armor. You do not necessarily have to grab the necessary mana and mana regeneration to maintain it as you move, as you can easily cast it and then stand still to dish out damage.
Last edited by Natharias on Feb 14, 2014, 1:27:48 PM
Check out this for a cheap CI melee build that is designed to be very tanky:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/788046

Additionally, this 'cheap' build can quite easily transition into a truly immortal, and extremely powerful build once currency is built up over time:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/745053/page/1

They are made by the same person, one for the ultra-rich, and one for the super poor :)

IGN: IskyOfTheSea
You can check out my witch if you prefer Spellcasters: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781709

Tested and optimized it for a while now, solo leveled from 86 to 89 with only one death out of my own stupidity (ran into the boss room of a -max res +30% dmg cells and was welcomed by a pack of magic incinerators, into which i rubberbanded around four times) and will run it in the new four month HC league.

Sure, you can see quite some expensive pieces in the thread, but the only things required are Stone of Lazhwar and a 4L chest. Would also recommend Rainbowstride for the extra Spellblock.

Don't expect to tank stuff like Dual Palace boss with gear worth a few chaos, no one can do that without some serious investment. But stuff i see many other people struggling with, like Labyrinth, Villa, Cells, Temple etc. is possible. And once you can afford Aegis even Jungle Valley and Torture Chamber are a cake walk.

The videos are a bit outdated btw, will upload new ones with the new gear and optimized tree once my Incinerate reaches lv20.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info