Just read the patch notes, but let me get this straight...

...I will NOT be able to plan my current Domination League characters in the new leagues, ever. Is that right?

I will be forced to play in standard league unless I choose to start brand new characters and stashes in the new leagues...or do I have a choice to take my characters into the new league once it's announced?
They will portal you to standard and when you get to town a 4 man party of legacies will begin buttsmex immediately, giving you infinite death penalties, in short yes your going to standard.
Last edited by snøwXz on Feb 14, 2014, 11:12:46 AM
You either start from scratch in the new 4 month leagues or you play standard.

So no you can't move your current character back into the new leagues.
Standard Forever
"
keepleft wrote:
...I will NOT be able to plan my current Domination League characters in the new leagues, ever. Is that right?

I will be forced to play in standard league unless I choose to start brand new characters and stashes in the new leagues...or do I have a choice to take my characters into the new league once it's announced?

i'll give you a very straightforward answer to your question.you will NOT be able to transfer ANY characters onto the new leagues.all old characters from old leagues go to standard or hc
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
A factually correct answer and a metaphorically correct answer. Thanks both. And god that sucks...
It's the point of the 4 month leagues, they're comparable to the ladder in diablo 2, it's for people who want to make a fresh start every once and a while.
Your tone suggests shock. I don't know why you wouldn't be aware of that. Just the structure of the 4month clean slate league status alone should have tipped you off. You obviously can't bring old characters and progress into a fresh league, that would defeat the purpose.

You go to the parent league when its over, it even says so in the description. Standard isn't that bad, you can totally enjoy the game. I play only standard (considering a fresh league this time around) and I have no problems. The standard game is pretty populated as well.
"
j33bus wrote:
It's the point of the 4 month leagues, they're comparable to the ladder in diablo 2, it's for people who want to make a fresh start every once and a while.

To be fair, you have to take into account that the domination was selected as default league for any new player who signed up after domination started, without knowing anything about the game or the 4-month ladder system. RIOTTT ^,^
Some will tell you that standard is "bad" and whatnot. But the only things you'll be missing is a few trinkets that will drop just in the new leagues.

So if you dont want to regrind everything from scratch, just continue playing in Std.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
snøwXz wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:

To be fair, you have to take into account that the domination was selected as default league for any new player who signed up after domination started, without knowing anything about the game or the 4-month ladder system. RIOTTT ^,^

and this 'default' stuff will backfire when lots and lots of post-release players realize what will happen in few weeks. they dont read forums, they dont mind some 'news' on the loading screen

old players made that choice with full understanding. new players (esp the 'casuals') probably just selected what was available and hit 'ok'.

this system worked nicely for open-beta phase but i think interesting times are ahead of us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info