What level do you need to be for Dominius Merc?

What level is recommended for the Dominius Merc fight?
I tried it yesterday on my templar lvl 69 and I could not get past phase 3.

Before I can even locate the boss, his lighitning or his exploding minions kill me.
I can evade those, but then I cannot even do enough dmg for his shield to go down.
I died like 20 times before I even was able to down his shield, then I gave up.

The areas before the boss are not a problem at all, so it feels like I am hitting a brick wall, which probably means that I need extra lvls?

My resistances are not maxed, might that be the problem?

This is my gear:

So should I just go the docks to farm some more, or is there a better place for me to farm now?
Should I already start with maps, I have around a dozen of those.
Rule #3

Resist must be maxed literally even at fucking 75 shit will hurt so imagine it bellow 75? You're going to die very very painfully.

I could kill him for you if you want :P

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 13, 2014, 4:05:54 AM
This should help
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/698071/page/28/#p6537924
Might be a long read, but it's extremely helpful.
Level isn't so much of a problem, resists are and your gear is godawful.

But the main question is 'why would you want to do it in the first place?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hey I_NO,

thx, but I want to do the kill solo myself, even when that means that I have to do some serious extra farming.

Because the way POE is (in my personal view) WAY more easy with a group, I am sure that I could down him with any PUG group, but what is the challenge in that? ;)
I think the groupbalance is a little ridiclous, without a group, I have to play always on my toes, be carefull on positioning, ... with a group farming docks, I don't even pay attention to what I hit, I just spamhit my skills.
Anyway, end rant. :p

I_NO, could you give me some advice where to farm now?
Should I stay in the docks, or start maps, or somewhere else?
You'd be better off doing a few maps in the Eternal Laboratory* before handing the areas available after killing Piety. Level 66 to 68 maps should get you better geared to complete the main quest line.

*Room right next to Lady Dialla/Gemling Queen.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 13, 2014, 4:32:51 AM
"But the main question is 'why would you want to do it in the first place?"
Because I found a key to his tower, and I have to kill him because of his guilt-by-association with Piety. If piety would have droped a key to Ghandi, I would have knocked on his door. ;)

Serious answer: because for me that is the "endgame" of POE, just being able to kill the hardest boss on the hardest difficulty. After that, changes are big that I just quit POE in total or start with a new char. I do not like farming for better gear after clearing everything, but I do like pushing myself to the end. :)
My modest form of endgame I guess.
"
grubolsch wrote:
My modest form of endgame I guess.

Fair enough.

Well, this is how it stands, people generally kill him after getting deep into mapping, he's pretty dangerous for many builds and not really worth the risk so people delay tackling him as much as possible. I'm afraid you will need to farm or buy much better gear to do it, from what I've seen your build is one of those that potentially have a lot of trouble with him.

Anyway, your build looks pretty unfocused, the only protection you got are spectres and your items are more suited for cruel than merci. Try raising a couple of those giant statues from gardens, they're awesome tanks, max resists asap and try again, if it doesn't work try farming some easier maps like dried lake. You might want to try keeping him cursed with enfeeble too, helps a bunch but he will still hit you like a truck.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
grubolsch wrote:
Hey I_NO,

thx, but I want to do the kill solo myself, even when that means that I have to do some serious extra farming.

Because the way POE is (in my personal view) WAY more easy with a group, I am sure that I could down him with any PUG group, but what is the challenge in that? ;)
I think the groupbalance is a little ridiclous, without a group, I have to play always on my toes, be carefull on positioning, ... with a group farming docks, I don't even pay attention to what I hit, I just spamhit my skills.
Anyway, end rant. :p

I_NO, could you give me some advice where to farm now?
Should I stay in the docks, or start maps, or somewhere else?

Honestly just go do some maps or lunaris spam :P not a big deal.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
NSA wrote:
This should help
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/698071/page/28/#p6537924
Might be a long read, but it's extremely helpful.

This post is absolutely on the money. Everyone should read this.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info