[1.3] [Pony's] Cheap CI FlickerStrike Shadow - Physical to Lightning!

Yep CI too early can be crippling. Save up passives for that move so you allow some to pick up the ES nodes beyond it. Generally CI is something you look at late in the game. Probably 60 or above or when you can wear that ES chest you've put aside.

Bleed isn't too bad so long as you notice it early and STAND STILL. Weird I only just learned this recently. Moving makes you bleed out a lot faster.

Being frozen can suck. There is a work-around of sorts using an Auxium belt but there's a DPS hit in doing so.

Allies Cannot Die generally isn't an issue. If you burn all your frenzies getting the job done you can just cyclone spin your way to where ever you think the buff is coming from (totem etc). Cyclone allows you to move through enemies. If you don't hit your objective just use Flicker again and rinse/repeat until they all pop. The 'Titan of the Grove' map boss from Dry Peninsula can be a little difficult until you establish a strategy. Generally I just enter the zone and immediately go to a corner to kite a couple of his adds away leaving him more or less alone to deal to with a full assortment of charges. Again cyclone plus life on hit will get you through this one.

Haku's raging spirits mission isn't great for a fast flicker getaway. Flick cyclone flick cyclone until you're out. Haku is probably the master that's least fun to do with this build simply because FlickerStrike is classed as a movement in the same way leapslam is, so every time you use FlickerStrike it drops the Spirit and you have to go back for it. Pretty sure no other attack does this. Also his totem maps are brutal on CI characters since you have no passive way to refill your 'life' (EnergyShield) pool unless you're attacking something. Regardless, you should still be able to lvl8 Haku without too much trouble. I managed to do so long before the 1.3 master XP buff.
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
Thanks for the advice. Things are going smoother. 63, switched to hatred and discipline, dropped volls for a strong es shield and es chest. Now at 2.7k ES with abyssus and magnate. Still stuck on Mightflay though, I dont think I can get an upgrade to it anytime soon, not until I start mapping. Still DPS is is 1.7k and max res so I am okay with that.

I spent alot of alts rerolling my flasks but i have bleeding and frozen cures now.

My question is with the conflicting CWDT setups you have. You say keep CWDT at level 1 but your Abyssus shows a level 17 CWDT.

You also run 2 CWDT setups the 2nd being level 15.
That's a really old link to the Abyssus from Pre-1.2 when I had things quite different in this build.

My current CWDT is working really well for me at the moment:

I also have a lvl1 CWDT + lvl7 MoltenShell (+296AR). If I could, I'd also link this with another low level enduring cry to keep Endurance Charges up and help with the Immortal Call from the gloves.
Hey im lvl 65 and I wanted to use abyssus but I noticed the huge str requirement. I only have 98 strength at this level, what would u recommend i do to increase it?

It has a lot of Strength on it so you're only really around 20STR short. You should have the Onyx amulet to avoid stun which has +ALL. I have a little STR on a ring which helps however you may want to pick up a passive +30 until you have your 'end-game' gear on.
Last edited by ep0nymous on Dec 21, 2014, 3:32:42 PM
Added 77 shipyard vid to 1.3 videos. yawn
Hey awesome build! I am in my mid 40s and loving it!

I do have a few questions however:

Why use Added Cold Damage vs. Cold Snap? I realize with a level 1 CoDT it would be limited to level 8.

Why don't you use any of the shield passives like in this thread?: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041559/page/1 Is it because your build doesn't use an Aegis Aurora?

Why use Cyclone over Whirling Blades?

What are your thoughts about the Heartseeker and Depth Perception clusters in 1.3?

Regarding auras, do you think its necessary to push to the Leadership cluster? The thread linked above avoids all of the aura nodes in favor of shield nodes.

Lastly, why use Life Gain on Hit vs. Life Leech given the large DPS numbers? Instant heal?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Daellig on Dec 29, 2014, 12:34:25 AM
Great guide. I don't follow your passive skill build, but the item choices and variable gear are well thought out. I've got numerous questions of Crown of Eyes though.

Is it still worth using Crown of Eyes if you don't have any +Spell Damage?

Once you do have Crown of Eyes, should you go out of your way to get Spell Damage?

How much would, say, 50% increased spell damage, up your DPS by?

Thanks in advance.
So you have basically no ES (less than 5k with Discipline......), no defense, no VP, and use a suicidal helmet that will rip you to shreds on phys reflect and on taking phys hits on maps with damage mods.

This is considered a good and playable build how exactly?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
aren't you a maddie madderson.
its a fun build. doesn't have to be optimized :)
dis mah sig.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info