[1.3] [Pony's] Cheap CI FlickerStrike Shadow - Physical to Lightning!

Is running a AR/ES armor viable if i wanna have an easier time coloring?
judging by how u guys get the colors from a full INT armor , it looks tough as hell.
Also , it seems im not leeching enough ES , should i save up for a higher end dagger?
IGN: IKryal
Last edited by Randomed on Mar 29, 2014, 9:01:24 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Ioite wrote:
..... Guys, i just wonder, how much chroms did u burned to reach RRRGB on 5L? I spent around 1700 on...
Spoiler
and it still like this
Spoiler

Spent around 1000 on this:

:)
Spending 1700 chroms for a shitty 5-L is a total waste of funds, sorry.

Try to increase your ES pool and reduce your peak damage (by increasing crit chance/accuracy/attack speed while reducing damage/crit damage).

about 1200 chromes

15ex worth, (around 4k chromes at the time)

In some regards hybrid would be a cheaper alternative if you can get one with enough ES. But keeping to the primary theme of this thread 'cheap-effective-flicker' I think a 5L chest with good ES would suffice until you can get to end-game gear. 5-7 ex for a decent 5L ES chest is reasonable IMO.
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
"

Funny thing - got 5 offcolors RRRRGB 2 times, first was at ~300 chroms, was wrong sockets tho. Finally done at 2519 chrom
That is a waste for sure but i was curious about how far bad RNG can go. Never tried anything so mad before. Guess i shouldnt attempt to 6L ;) Updated dagger for 260 dps version, dropped maligaro's for aurseize, picked up some crit chance and accuracy nodes instead of crit multi. Farming 70-72 maps from now on, quick&safe with decent mf and hoping to drop Abyssus at ~86. Thanks for the build again
I thought of something similar but starting as scion:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQkzDkgRlhXXFkAX6hiwGjIc3B0UHoEe3yThKMUo-io4LKYsvy9vMgk0CjdmN4M7KDyOP5tEgUZxRwZKyEuNTDVPVk99UWBWY1bqV8lZ819qYENjQ2ZPZp5sRm49bqpwUnBWcH1wu3DVcmxyqX_GgFaBSYLkgwmFfYauiEKKr49GkBGQG5J9kyeYb5oTnaOm66cIpzSpbqmVrKqyOLM_tAy18riTvrzAGsBRwcXC7NE214bZE9vU3CPesOOC44Tlz-cL6f7qGOq66-7y4fO-9zL60vtF_Kv_HA==

Less dmg nodes but damn lot of nice crit in left side of tree. Also lot of shield nodes that combined with 400/500+ ES shield will give like 2k+ ES alone, lot of block & some resists.

Just want to ask what you think about it? Will it work ?
"
I thought of something similar but starting as scion:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQkzDkgRlhXXFkAX6hiwGjIc3B0UHoEe3yThKMUo-io4LKYsvy9vMgk0CjdmN4M7KDyOP5tEgUZxRwZKyEuNTDVPVk99UWBWY1bqV8lZ819qYENjQ2ZPZp5sRm49bqpwUnBWcH1wu3DVcmxyqX_GgFaBSYLkgwmFfYauiEKKr49GkBGQG5J9kyeYb5oTnaOm66cIpzSpbqmVrKqyOLM_tAy18riTvrzAGsBRwcXC7NE214bZE9vU3CPesOOC44Tlz-cL6f7qGOq66-7y4fO-9zL60vtF_Kv_HA==

Less dmg nodes but damn lot of nice crit in left side of tree. Also lot of shield nodes that combined with 400/500+ ES shield will give like 2k+ ES alone, lot of block & some resists.

Just want to ask what you think about it? Will it work ?

You dont need shield block, bro. Seriously.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Why not? I mean, if you are going full ES, maybe it is a waste of passive points.
But if you are hybrid, perhaps it will help a lot.

I have a 450/450 EV/ES shield with nodes that gives me 60% more shield defenses and up to 36% chance of block.

Now adds this to 51% chance to evade and 95% chance to evade projectiles (Ondar's Guile).
And yet, adds the % chance to evade per frenzy charge.
Not even talking about jade and granite flasks.

Man... you barely get hit. I truly believe that blocks play a good role on that.
IGN: ShadowBeholder
"
Ioite wrote:
"

Funny thing - got 5 offcolors RRRRGB 2 times, first was at ~300 chroms, was wrong sockets tho. Finally done at 2519 chrom
That is a waste for sure but i was curious about how far bad RNG can go. Never tried anything so mad before. Guess i shouldnt attempt to 6L ;) Updated dagger for 260 dps version, dropped maligaro's for aurseize, picked up some crit chance and accuracy nodes instead of crit multi. Farming 70-72 maps from now on, quick&safe with decent mf and hoping to drop Abyssus at ~86. Thanks for the build again

after using (wasting) 2519 chromes on that, I think you should Exalt it, still have 1 slot.
Maybe you will get an elemental resist. I wish you good luck, I had one spot on mine and I got life regen =/
IGN: ShadowBeholder
"
gfwatcher wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Why not? I mean, if you are going full ES, maybe it is a waste of passive points.

I have a 450/450 EV/ES shield with nodes that gives me 60% more shield defenses and up to 36% chance of block.

Now adds this to 51% chance to evade and 95% chance to evade projectiles (Ondar's Guile).

Man... you barely get hit. I truly believe that blocks play a good role on that.

Ranged will never kill you. The occasional freak spell damage from a map boss might. And reflect. Reflect will kill you all the time. I agree, all those block passives would be better spent elsewhere on the tree. If you look at the orignal passive tree posted you'll see there are actually 2 or 3 GOOD shield passives 1 step away. They'll give you better Defense if you want to be less squishy but really, shield block shouldn't be a primary target. Also, that massive ES wheel you mapped through above scion doesn't give as good returns as some of the ES (+EV etc) nodes further out on the tree. And I think using 110 passives in that plan is a little misleading since you'll likely only get 100. Good theory craftin tho.
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
"
gfwatcher wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Actually, CWDT+IC+ID+EC provides the almost same physical avoidance, as your dodge+block. But without ANY investments.
Also, dodge/block wont save you from oneshots or spells.
You lose lots of ES and DPS just for physical avoidance. If i get killed, i'm killed either by oneshots, or heavy elemental damage, or desync. 3-rd case cant be avoided except with Aegis Aurora, but 1-st and 2-nd are absolutely independant of my evasion/block.

P.S. Your chance to dodge is displayed against an average (white) mobs. Some mobs, champs and bosses have higher accuracy.
P.S.S. Projectiles never were a problem. Ondar's Guile is a perfect defence against thing, that wont kill you anyway. I, personally, dont need any defence against something, that has no chance to kill me.

Going hybrid defences (i mean, ES+evasion or ES+armour) is usually a waste of points. The only exception - Aegis Aurora builds.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
after using (wasting) 2519 chromes on that, I think you should Exalt it, still have 1 slot.
Maybe you will get an elemental resist. I wish you good luck, I had one spot on mine and I got life regen =/

Won lottery for the first time in PoE. YOLO exalted shield and chest - got enough resists to drop +6% allres node and use maligaro's instead of aurseize in some cases after abyssus drop. Thx ;p
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info