An Enemy In The Ebony Barracks Heals Up--Can't Kill (Cruel)

Well, now I've run across another fascinating new discovery. I hate leaving an enemy behind alive but in The Ebony Barracks (Cruel) I had to do just that. Sorry to say but I don't know what he was except Rare with a sword and shield. The problem... He could heal up faster then I and I could not damage him enough to overwhelm this and wear him down. In fact the most I could see was a little drop in his health and then it would heal right back up.

As a reward for getting the General I picked this:
but just noticed I'm already using one with Heavy Strike. Will Melee Physical Damage stack--I wish--for 60% more damage? Of course I'll have to get the right color sockets and links on some gear which as I've experienced already will be impossible and not fun so hopefully this support won't stack. :(

But regardless is that what one needs to take down an enemy that seems to heal up quite quickly or are there other things like some means of interruption?

Thanks.
~<Ratsneve>~~<Looking for Simple Solo Solutions>~
Last edited by Ratsneve on Feb 12, 2014, 12:25:10 AM
Same support gems will not stack.
My guess for your enemy is that he simply had an very unfortune combination like regen+regen aura+something else making him tankier, if u can't kill something like that dont worry, just skip him(at the moment u cant do anything to reduce enemy regen)
"
SlayerII wrote:
Same support gems will not stack.
My guess for your enemy is that he simply had an very unfortune combination like regen+regen aura+something else making him tankier, if u can't kill something like that dont worry, just skip him(at the moment u cant do anything to reduce enemy regen)
Thanks. BTW, my Heavy Strike DPS is over 1K and quite a few enemies go down with just several hits which I like.
Last edited by Ratsneve on Feb 12, 2014, 12:55:08 AM
Was his name Xandro Bloodrinker by any chance?
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
"
Caessa wrote:
Was his name Xandro Bloodrinker by any chance?

I guess not, he said "Rare with a sword and shield" i think he would've remembered the scary looking ground slamming mace wielding life stealing guy.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
amazing to meet such shit in maps with soul eater affix. Becomes unkillable if ur class can't deal with it in "faceroll" mode (i.e have to kite)
"
ZhenyaDM wrote:
amazing to meet such shit in maps with soul eater affix. Becomes unkillable if ur class can't deal with it in "faceroll" mode (i.e have to kite)
Funny I stumbled onto a gaming mechanic that GGG might further develop. Strange there is no way to 'break' this 'defense' in a foe like breaking a spell--not the same?

I would have guessed GGG would not introduce a foe with special talents like this rare without including the means to counter? Kiting them off to some safe location works and the easiest/best solution for a Solo gamer.
Last edited by Ratsneve on Feb 12, 2014, 12:02:01 PM
You're starting to run into Rogue Exiles. I think I posted a link to their description over at the wiki in one of your other threads. Make sure you read up on them. Usually when you run up against something that has life regen you want to hit them as fast as you can and have something that helps you leech life. If you're not already using one, consider carrying a life leech gem you can swap in if you really have to in situations like this. I also use Warlords Mark and have a flask that gives a little life leech as well.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
fazlez1 wrote:
You're starting to run into Rogue Exiles. I think I posted a link to their description over at the wiki in one of your other threads. Make sure you read up on them. Usually when you run up against something that has life regen you want to hit them as fast as you can and have something that helps you leech life. If you're not already using one, consider carrying a life leech gem you can swap in if you really have to in situations like this. I also use Warlords Mark and have a flask that gives a little life leech as well.
So if you've got enough LL you can stop the foe's LL and wear him down for the kill? I'm trying to build a 2L to help. Sigh, I don't like Rogue Exiles.
"
Ratsneve wrote:
"
fazlez1 wrote:
So if you've got enough LL you can stop the foe's LL and wear him down for the kill? I'm trying to build a 2L to help. Sigh, I don't like Rogue Exiles.
Yes, if you can hit fast enough and have life leech you can wear down almost any mob. This is some of my LL gear:

I'm currently playing a IH build that doesn't hit hard enough so I'm trying concentrate on making every hit count by leeching as much life as possible when I do hit. I have some gear that I don't use anymore that you can have if you want it. The only price is that you give your old stuff away to help someone else. I tried whispering you in game but you didn't respond. Let me know if you want it. IGN: WarpIntoDeath
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info