auction house

Pretty bad troll thread tbh.

Incase some posters are sincerely thinking an AH would be a good move - Can you imagine the sheer number of threads about how 'drops are bad' if there was an auction house. It would need its own forum section.
Players already struggle to play without trading - even if they claim they would like to use their own drops - they choose efficiency. Some trade because they enjoy it (which is awesome). I'm certainly not against trading!!

I agree with the poster that said any game which includes trading needs to move as far away from the game being centralised around it.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Last edited by Zanixx on Feb 13, 2014, 10:03:21 AM
"
Zanixx wrote:
Pretty bad troll thread tbh.

Incase some posters are sincerely thinking an AH would be a good move - Can you imagine the sheer number of threads about how 'drops are bad' if there was an auction house. It would need its own forum section.
Players already struggle to play without trading - even if they claim they would like to use their own drops - they choose efficiency. Some trade because they enjoy it (which is awesome). I'm certainly not against trading!!

I agree with the poster that said any game which includes trading needs to move as far away from the game being centralised around it.

is it a troll thread, or is yours a troll reply?

i think the trade chat channel is next to useless since it's just constantly spammed and few to no one ever likely read what you put for sale there. i suppose you may get lucky and see something posted that you'd like to trade for, but it's a rather random method of trading.

i actually find plenty of good items to use, and have only played for around 7 days but have a character at a3 mericiless, another at a2 cruel, and another at a3 normal. the thing is that i have found several good items that i dont use or plan on using, but am not sure of their value, nor am i sure where to find buyers. an auction house is not only good for trading, but for finding common prices for similar items...

you're obviously entitled to your opinions, but it's clear that others here think it would be a good option to have, so why be against it? you don't have to use it... just let us use it and maintain your other habits of trading.
another good reason for an ah is that the public parties are now rather filled with a bunch of WTB trade parties instead of actual gaming parties... T_T
"
PandaBears wrote:
so why be against it? you don't have to use it...

Why is it that debates on changes to online games always fall back on this? It's almost always such a shortsighted viewpoint. Sure, for someone like me who will play for days, tuning the rest of the game's population out, it wouldn't affect me in the slightest.

Throw in anyone that cares about the ladders or the longer races and you start to run into issues with your whole "Don't like it? Don't use it." philosophy.

Just my two cents on the matter.
there is already an AH in game or close to it
here is how it works

wana sell something ? make a shop and post items with b/o
wana buy something ? go at poe.xyz it scans all the shops, find what you are looking and pm buyer problem solved

AH does 2 thinks

1) it makes items move faster from player A to player B

an example
if i want to buy a 400dps bow the lack of AH wont stop me, its just gona take me longer to find the seller

2) because items move faster from player A to B the flaws in game economy appear faster
the AH dosnt cause the flaws it just makes them visible

and here is an example ( based on real life )
some games (wont say name )instead of fixing their economy decided to remove AH so that people cant see the flaws

guess what the flaw is still there
1 trillion gold will still cost 0.01cents in that game you just wont be able to see it anymore
"
Yohanu wrote:
"
Sayyid wrote:
"
Yohanu wrote:
This is why Auction House is a terrible idea: http://www.raphkoster.com/2012/03/20/do-auction-houses-suck/

Your article pretty awesomely sums up why POE actually needs an AH. See here:

"
So do auction houses suck? No, not if your game is about getting. It is a better experience for a gamer interesting in getting.

POE is about getting.
I'm in disagreement there. I believe that any game designed with trading in mind needs to stay as far away from centralised trade as possible, otherwise the entire trading metagame gets stale, thus thousands of players who actually enjoy trade (like me) will lose out on fun.

Look, if POE wants to become a game designed to support a robust trading system rather than "kill stuff, collect stuff, be uber powerful" then yeah, add all those cool features that made the Star Wars Galaxies trading/shop system awesome. Make selling an actual, integrated part of the game. That would be pretty neat and would at least make a clunky trading process into something immersive and enjoyable.

Problem: that's not what POE is. POE is not a trading game. POE is a grinding/getting game that was balanced to assume that you will trade but then released without any functional trading system.

With POE as it currently is, the best way to make the game less obnoxious and let me get back to smashing, burning, and otherwise slaughtering things would be to add an auction house.
"
skele wrote:

AH does 2 thinks

It does another thing: Makes AH trade bots more than viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info