Legacy items

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
You want to keep legacy Kaom? No problems, make it dropable, around 1 of 10 dropped Kaoms will be a legacy one.

Fair enough. Maybe not 1/10, but 1/100 or 1/1000.
This isnt because of greed or envy.

Yes, it is. The ladder isnt going to suddenly reset on standard. The people who won here did so quite some time ago.

People having an item you cant get doesnt break your gameplay. Should we also remove demigods? Also, unique art race rewards are obviously not fair.

Think about it.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 10, 2014, 7:46:18 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

But when there is a powerful item, that CANT be dropped or crafted anymore, i just CANT accept it. It isnt right!

That's right, it's just your personal opinion.

You can still buy it if you want.
"
tramshed wrote:
Should we also remove demigods?

Balderdash. Racers earned those items, legacies were never meant to be exclusive or special in any way, people that had them became rich overnight by virtue of one game update.

Anyway, to see all these people worried about the state and future of the game gives devs credit, that's a huge accomplishment.

But, strictly personally, all this was handled very poorly. If I held any claim over any part of this game I'd feel really tempted to kick the one responsible for this whole legacy business in the nuts as soon as Silverbranch was made one. However, I don't, so this is all pretty inconsequential now and falls into the category of 'it's your funeral, so please invite people, make a buffet, pay a priest and dig a hole by yourself'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
legacies were never meant to be exclusive

Then why did they make legacy items?

Im fairly surprised people are still trying to figure this out.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 10, 2014, 8:26:32 AM
"
tramshed wrote:

Then why did they make legacy items?

They didn't make them, it's a necessary evil according to Rhys.
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 10, 2014, 9:22:48 AM
I've never understood why they don't simply just allow the legacy versions to still drop in the legacy leagues. The items are already there, why not make it a level playing field? Just don't let them drop in short term leagues.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
tramshed wrote:

People having an item you cant get doesnt break your gameplay. Should we also remove demigods? Also, unique art race rewards are obviously not fair.

Lol, Demigod items may look cool, but their stats are weak, so they wont affect gameplay. I have nothing against such items.
I also have nothing about race rewards, that just have another icon and art, but in fact remain similar to "normal" uniques.
Same about microtransactions.

They all are fair, because they dont give you superior benefits. Well, sometimes race reward items are awesome (like Divination Distillate, etc), but you can just get those as loot. Legacy items, on contrary, have stats, superior to those that can be gained via loot.

"

Only if someone wants to sell it. Which, after some time, may be quite hard to happen, or would require ridiculous currency amounts (more, than mirror worth, LOL).

Non-droppable items are the same, as non-killable boss. Would you enjoy one?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

"

Only if someone wants to sell it. Which, after some time, may be quite hard to happen, or would require ridiculous currency amounts (more, than mirror worth, LOL).

Non-droppable items are the same, as non-killable boss. Would you enjoy one?

You will always be able to buy one, it's just the matter of price.

Ridiculous amounts? Then don't buy it, simple as that.

You have a choice, you can have a legacy item.

Extremely bad example, if it's non-droppable, you can still acquire it, while you cannot kill a non-killable boss.

I see you have a desire of dropping one top tier unique, rest assured, you'll (in 99.999%+ cases) buy one before it drops to you. Logically.

It's not dropping anymore, deal with it, if you want one, buy it.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Lol, Demigod items may look cool, but their stats are weak, so they wont affect gameplay. I have nothing against such items.

Nothing to do with item strength and value here, most of us here raised a huge stink back when +2 skill silverbranch was made the first legacy item because of race balance, even though it's otherwise worthless. I'm opposed to them as a concept, as much as I'm opposed to slipshodding anything. If there was no time or resources to spare at the moment to reroll all uniques, no problem, the whole community was pointing fingers at kaom for almost two years, another month or two wouldn't kill us.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Non-killable boss. Would you enjoy one?

I actually enjoy them quite a lot in JRPGs, if done properly you will never realize you're supposed to lose the fight until you do :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info