Legacy items

Hello guys,

The logic behind legacy items is totally twisted, nerfing OP uniques is part of the balancing game and part of the game PATCHES!

Why you would want to have in your beloved game BROKEN things on purpose and on top of that adding production cost to make this kind of item, create wiki pages etc.

I heard some arguments people work hard for these items but guess what it was a lot easier to get these desired uniques back then :)

So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on Feb 9, 2014, 6:44:32 AM
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2017, 10:33:30 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think the logic behind legacy items is reasonable. Old players are happy because their super-valuable items don't get nerfed and legacy items also promote rerolling in a new 4-month league. Furthermore, afaik it's fairly hard to change items that already exist in some cases so it actually saves 'production cost'. GGG also has nothing to do with the PoE wiki.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The game balancing consist of SKILL GEMS + PASSIVE TREE + ITEMS balancing while all of these things are in close synergy.

Your reasoning is wrong, because then we would have legacy skill gems and skill trees don't you find this idea totally laughable?

Running one query in your db is a lot less production cost it just take time for machine to do, not for actual people.
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on Feb 9, 2014, 7:37:12 AM
Old players with super-valuable items are already rich enough to afford anything. If they will loose 10-50 ex because of item nerf, nothing bad will happen, they still have much more wealth than majority of players will ever see.

An example. I was upset too when they fixed Desecrate gem. I worked hard to get it asap. Now give me legacy gem please.
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 9, 2014, 7:51:05 AM
"
DarkTl wrote:
Old players with super-valuable items are already rich enough to afford anything. If they will loose 10-50 ex because of item nerf, nothing bad will happen, they still have much more wealth than majority of players will ever see.

An example. I was upset too when they fixed Desecrate gem. I worked hard to get it asap. Now give me legacy gem please.

Why aren't you rich?

Comparing a 150 ex item with a 2 chaos gem is hilarious, I'm sorry for your loss.
The point of the 4-month leagues is to have a place where the game is balanced. It is only through regular wiping of the entire economy that the economy can be balanced.

The point of the permanent leagues is not to have a place where the game is balanced, but to have a place where your stuff is immune to the regular purges which are a natural part of balancing the game.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
tinko92 wrote:
Why aren't you rich?

I have a life and a job, sorry m8. One day I will, if the game won't die by then.

"
tinko92 wrote:
Comparing a 150 ex item with a 2 chaos gem is hilarious, I'm sorry for your loss.

All currency in the game won't help me to buy prenerfed version of the gem, since it no longer exists.

Also, please stop that flipping thing of yours. It's 1 alch gem, not 2 chaos.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
to have a place where your stuff is immune to the regular purges which are a natural part of balancing the game.

Ok. I'm waiting for my legacy gem.
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 9, 2014, 8:33:21 AM
For older player it was easier to get Kaom's Heart.

There was several drop rate nerfs alongside chance orb nerf on these powerfull uniques (shav,kaom).

I see reason for nerfing these uniques (in power and drop rates), they was too powerfull but legacy items no i don't see any fair logic here.
"
DarkTl wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
to have a place where your stuff is immune to the regular purges which are a natural part of balancing the game.
Ok. I'm waiting for my legacy gem.
You probably meant that sarcastically, but in all seriousness: they should exist.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
DarkTl wrote:

I have a life and a job, sorry m8.

So why are you comparing yourself with a guy who doesn't have a life, job, etc. ?

"

All currency in the game won't help me to buy prenerfed version of the gem, since it no longer exists.

Also, please stop that flipping thing of yours. It's 1 alch gem, not 2 chaos.

It's about how much you've invested to acquire the item.

Flipping thing of mine? What?
When the gems came out they certainly weren't 1 Alchemy, but alright, it's irrelevant anyway.
Stop catching by straws.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info