Multiple Account Myth - SOLVED!

"
zeto wrote:
If player1 makes 5 accounts with IP1... they already have a system to deal with that.

What if someone had friends over and they made accounts on the host's pc. What about people who live under the same ip address or are sharing a pc?

Things aren't always black and white.
Well i dont think they care anymore... i mean someone with 90 accounts won the random beta key 2-3 days ago and still they havn't banned him.

Me and alot of others wrote to GGG about it and even got e-mail back saying they are looking into it but he is still here and havn't got a ban so... they dont care any more it seems.

Edit: He had a name like this. Hey1 Hey2 Hey3 and all they way to something like 89 and there were all made at the same day at around the same time -.-. (Hey is not his name ofc just making an exampel)
Last edited by Sarox on Sep 16, 2011, 11:11:38 AM
"
Aracus wrote:
"
zeto wrote:
If player1 makes 5 accounts with IP1... they already have a system to deal with that.

What if someone had friends over and they made accounts on the host's pc. What about people who live under the same ip address or are sharing a pc?

Things aren't always black and white.

That's exactly why I posted the previous discussion about why it's not black and white... but like I said, they have systems to deal with multiple accounts from the same IP... I am not privy to how they work exactly.

Bottom line is that the internet creates anonymity, and it's just not possible to perfectly filter account creation, and it's not even that paramount, since in a few months people will be able to all join.

So this situation is both limited in scope and temporary. It's been looked at closely for a bit now, and strategies have been developed, but there is collateral damage no matter how things go...

Everyone wishes there exists a perfect solution, but perfect 1:1 account solutions are extremely invasive and not something that would be appropriate for their desired beta (example: requiring credit card registration to create an account)... nobody would want to see that.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Sarox wrote:
Well i dont think they care anymore... i mean someone with 90 accounts won the random beta key 2-3 days ago and still they havn't banned him.

Me and alot of others wrote to GGG about it and even got e-mail back saying they are looking into it but he is still here and havn't got a ban so... they dont care any more it seems.

Edit: He had a name like this. Hey1 Hey2 Hey3 and all they way to something like 89 and there were all made at the same day at around the same time -.-. (Hey is not his name ofc just making an exampel)

The devs do not sit and watch the timer. If the community has a specific concern about a member who made 90 accounts and won keys with them, by all means shoot me, tpapp, malice, septile, or any of the GGG staff an email and I'm sure they'll do something about it.

Chris has banned people before, and he will again if its brought to his attention and it's clearly a gross abuse.

We definitely do want to support the community on this issue to the degree that is currently possible... and ideally an automated solution will be implemented that isn't too unfair... I've already proposed a heuristic algorithm that should work.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Well i wrote to chris and this is what he wrote back.

Sent: 15. sep. 2011 00.46
To: Sarox

Thanks, we'll deal with it.

But nothing happened
Last edited by Sarox on Sep 16, 2011, 11:30:31 AM
Thank you for your replies. I am thankful we are atleast being thought about by the mods. I feel like the obvious answer here is GGG should do away with the timer and choose beta members in a less random fashion.

Snap shot the forums for the past month.

People who have been active x days of the last month or x% of days , or posted x amount in the last month get an invite.

GGG gets beta testers who care enough about the game to come to the site often. Players feel rewarded for coming to the site and following the progression of the game.

Its a win/win situation.
Softcore(default) A quiet night at home with some lotion and some internet p0rn.

Hardcore a series of wild one night stands with any hot trashy girl you can find(no protection!)

One is safe and boring the other is adrenaline filled and exciting and might kill you!

Dont be safe and boring.
I think everyone should have equal chances ;)

I'm not super active but I'm still interested in the game and would love to have a key. People that make multiple accounts etc. just either really want the game or they are just being stupid. But if they are found out they should be banned because they ruin other peoples chances and fun.

Anyways, my idea would be to either give away bulk keys like 10 people every day or an open beta :D

(yes very short text; me gusta)
Nigel Thornberry; that is all.
LSUfootball I have seen a lot of active people get in the beta through the friend invite system, so it's not like the people who care don't get in :)
"
Aracus wrote:
LSUfootball I have seen a lot of active people get in the beta through the friend invite system, so it's not like the people who care don't get in :)

I would love it if you would post some more info on my new thread please!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8011

This is in regards to the mysterious friend invites.
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?
"
Aracus wrote:

Cool I like when people are in beta already then they get extra beta keys and come here and try to "trade" them for money thats always cool.
Softcore(default) A quiet night at home with some lotion and some internet p0rn.

Hardcore a series of wild one night stands with any hot trashy girl you can find(no protection!)

One is safe and boring the other is adrenaline filled and exciting and might kill you!

Dont be safe and boring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info