Will item drops be instanced or visible to all players?

"
xskyx wrote:
the drop is instantly shown to everyone. they are working on a system in which ranged classes can get an extra second to get to their loot.

That's a good point, don't want the rangers always getting shorted on loot.
To all of the people complaining about open drops... you have played to much of that WoW nonsense or a clone of it but either way personal drops are for people who tend to whine a lot lol.. Anyone thats complaining about this ever play d2? cause your walking into about the same thing with a few alterations here and there so go brush up on that and then come back :)

Sorry to be such an ass about it but I want this game to be as far away from WoW as possible
Default ladder: Zosia
I like bosses that are like pinatas.

Though the issue of not getting the items you need is non-existent when you play with friends.

Click fast people.
Thats one of the few things I actually like about D3, Id rather other people not be able to see/grab my loot. There's a lot of people Ive played co-op games with that I'd be more than happy to remove their innards with a butter knife due to being screwed over.
"
To all of the people complaining about open drops... you have played to much of that WoW nonsense or a clone of it but either way personal drops are for people who tend to whine a lot lol.. Anyone thats complaining about this ever play d2? cause your walking into about the same thing with a few alterations here and there so go brush up on that and then come back :)

Sorry to be such an ass about it but I want this game to be as far away from WoW as possible

This.
The real problem with free for all loot is people start spending too much time looking at drops during combat in multiplayer games instead of fighting. I would love to see some kind of system where everyone can see the drops but they are assigned to a specific player for a short period. After that time is up and the assigned player hasn't picked the item up it would go free for all. I just like the idea of everyone putting more focus on the combat while fighting instead of the drops.
I can see some benefit to a sort of instanced drop even though I played D2 a lot.

I imagine with instanced drops people will say what they got and trade for items more oriented for them while with Free for All the fastest clicker might get all or most of the loot while some get none.

Well I'm not familiar with PoE's loot and item drops system, but the Free For All might cause people to independently or avoid public games and farm the bosses just like in the Diablo series.
keep it like classic d2 i vote :P
arggghh
Thank God we can play Solo is all I'm gonna say!
I like the free for all loot and im a fast clicker to (d2 injury) ;)
One bad thing i've experienced so far is peoples greed when in a party, the dude was way overpowered with his shock nova and killed everything in a heart beat and i was struggling with my ranger and i grabbed what was on the ground ofcourse, said to me if i was gonna steal everything on the ground he would just go his own route without me. I'm never gonna party with him again, that's for sure. So there are dicks out there :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info