I don't think I understand reflect

"
Doesn't make any fucking sense?
How does that not make any sense? Why would you be unable to utilise you mitigation on such things?
"
I don't know how you can 'block' something like a fireball reflect with a shield or dual wielding (parrying?). It's instant and invisible, it makes absolutely zero sense and you can't use the 'thaumaturgy' scapegoat because there's nothing magical about blocking, parrying or evading/dodging...
It sounds a lot like you're misunderstanding how reflect works. You can't, under normal circumstances, block reflected fireball damage. You need to be able to block spell damage to do that, which isn't standard. And in the case when you can, you are able to block the reflected fireball damage because you're able to block a fireball's damage, and the reflected damage is the same as what it's reflected from.

The only reason you're ever able to block a reflected fireball with your shield is because you can block a fireball with your shield, and the fact it's reflected makes no difference - it doesn't change anything. If you can block a fireball, you can block a reflected fireball. If you can dodge on (phase acrobatics) you can dodge it's reflection. If you can't do those things, then you can't to the reflection, either.

Personally, I can't think of anything more intuitive than treating reflected damage exactly the same as the thing it's reflecting from - saying you can block the damage from an enemy's magical fireball with your shield, but if an enemy reflects the damage from your own, identical, magical fireball back at you you suddenly can't, would be completely unintuitive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info