Will there be a "Retail-Version" of the Game?

Hi, does anyone know if there are any plans for a retail box of the game with all features enabled? That whould be cool ^^
"
Vermillion wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if there are any plans for a retail box of the game with all features enabled? That whould be cool ^^

i dont think so ;o
http://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2243
^^^^^Polish Corner^^^^^
I think a "pre-order online only" collectors edition would be kinda cool.

Put it at $25 somewhere.
Throw in about $20 worth of micro-transaction goodies.
Include a physical install CD.
Include some poster-material maps or other paraphernalia.
Include a CE-only cosmetic in-game mod.
Include a signed "letter to the fans" from the GGG Staff.
And throw in a code that gives every character you make an item in their inventory that you exchange for something sweet.

(Stuff like "5 chaos stones", or "skill gem that you can get from the 1st quest", etc)
NewDude: I killed Brutus. Now I have no quest. So what now?
Guy: I guess there are people that NEED quests for direction.
Guy2: I always wonder how those people get through life.
GuyMontag: They get married. Wives are like quest-givers.
Last edited by wyldmage on Sep 15, 2011, 5:16:14 AM
"
wyldmage wrote:

Put it at $25 somewhere.
And throw in a code that gives every character you make an item in their inventory that you exchange for something sweet.

(Stuff like "5 chaos stones", or "skill gem that you can get from the 1st quest", etc)

No, that would give you a unfair advantage. I can agree with the rest though. But here's the problem: Why pay for a collectors ediion if it's going to be free? You're basically buying an item that's just for looks.
Your mind is your enemy. Your mind will make you insane sooner or later. As for me..well, you can say that I am.
I have no idea at the moment what it would have but i would definitely buy retail CE version (art book soundtracks, the basics atleast) Or even Digital version with some nice things!

Depending what there would be i could buy the Retail CE up to 80€. Developers should consider this if there could be possibility for this. :) (its something what should be thinked later when its near release i know.)
What happens atleast once in 60 minutes?

Ingame, forums, irc:

"Nyydia: Brb getting coffee"
Last edited by nyydia on Sep 15, 2011, 5:43:26 AM
If they wanted to sell an offline, single player and fully moddable version of the game, I'd definitely buy that!
"
"
wyldmage wrote:

Put it at $25 somewhere.

No, that would give you a unfair advantage. I can agree with the rest though. But here's the problem: Why pay for a collectors ediion if it's going to be free? You're basically buying an item that's just for looks.

An unfair advantage that only matters before level 10 or 20?
I guess it would make a difference on race ladders, but even then, neither of those bonuses are THAT huge.

And why pay $90 for a Collector's Edition of a $60 game? Same reason people would pay for a CE edition of a free game. People like Limited Edition Stuff.
NewDude: I killed Brutus. Now I have no quest. So what now?
Guy: I guess there are people that NEED quests for direction.
Guy2: I always wonder how those people get through life.
GuyMontag: They get married. Wives are like quest-givers.
i suggest
collector edition:

artworks, game commentary, development videos, poster maybe skill poster, install cd, music maybe,
I would buy a physical copy but only if it came with in-game exclusive items (cosmetic only is fine, they shouldnt sell power) and maybe some cash shop credit.
Why would we want GGG to invest in the logistics (contracting, printing, shipping, etc.) of publishing discs and paper goods when there isn't a guarantee of profit? That kind of venture is very expensive. They are their own publisher, so they don't have a big name like EA, Activision, or Ubisoft to sponsor those types of products.

I think supporting them through the cash shop is the best idea for now.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Sep 15, 2011, 5:59:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info