Question about discharge

Hey guys,

2 things I wish to ask, First off can multiple discharge gems fire at the same time from the same charges? Like if I had 4 of each charge up and had 5 cast on damage taken discharges on different sets of gear, would all 5 cast and use the same 4 charges for damage?

secondly, if I have 3208742 DPS on a discharge gem with 82.7% Crit chance and 744% multiplier could anyone tell me how to work out what dmg the discharge would do on a critical hit?
B
1) no (afaik)

2) EDIT: hiding this part because I misslooked and so it is wrong. Sorry

Spoiler
"deals A-B base damage per power/end/frenzy charge." Calculate average base damage per each charge ->(A+B)/2. Now sum up all your charges to get your average base damage. Now multiply it -> avg crit damage = base damage * (1+7,44)

(this is average crit damage. To get max crit damage sum up max values (B) instead average ones)

EDIT2: discharge shows average damage per use, not DPS

Spoiler
average_damage = ((1-crit_chance)*non_crit_average_damage)+(crit_chance*crit_average_damage)

crit_average_damage = non_crit_average_damage*crit_multi)

average_damage = ((1-crit_chance)*(crit_average_damage/(crit_multi))+(crit_chance*crit_average_damage)

crit_average_damage = (average_damage*crit_multi)/(1-crit_chance+(crit_chance*crit_multi))

this should be correct formula for skill that show average damage instead of DPS

Last edit: 3 772 692 is your average crit number :)

3) my question: hoe do you deal with reflect. Seems impossible to me even with Vaal Pact
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 2, 2014, 5:54:48 AM
I dont have to deal with reflect :P My build is purely a dominus or piety farmer. Its a suicide Bomber.
2) Sure, the game does dps like this:
dps = damage * (1/cast speed) * (1 + crit chance * (crit multi - 1))
so, to get your crit damage you put 1 as crit chance and reverse everything:
damage = dps / ((1/cast speed) * (1 + (crit multi - 1)))

Note that you have to use cast time under frenzy charges to get it right.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
finished editing my previous post :)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info