[1.1.0] Endgame Incinerate Totem Guide w Videos (Level 91, 57k dps, 8.6k life, 187/116 IIR/IIQ)

"
Eakrich wrote:
hey there! I really enjoy this build! I am having some issues with voidbearers at the docks in merciless though :( They melt the totems pretty easily. Here is the gear I use!

Does having leveled gems help out a lot? I think my tooltip dps is around 444. How is yours over 1k!?

Also, should I just level in a different area? I'm level 62 btw

Thanks

Part of it is my gear (a pretty sizable part actually). I find that when I have a staff that is 154% spell damage and 18% cast speed, the damage is very noticeable (I have a decent necklace to back it up too. The totem nodes help a lot too. Levelled gems do matter a ton though, definitely. Each incinerate level will increase your fire dps by about 10% more damage. It's similar for added chaos, so since yours is only level 12, you'll notice quite a difference when that one's levelled.

I'd estimate that if you had level 20 incinerate and added chaos damage gems, your tooltip would be around 780-ish. Though, I should mention that the tooltip you see in game is higher than it should be (the true dps number pre-stacks is .7* the tooltip you see). I see a tooltip dps of 1463 in game.

I'm excited to see someone else using frost wall, tbh. I kinda assumed that after I got down off my soapbox in the intro, nobody really took that part seriously, but it's one of my favorite skills in the game. Good luck man! Check back now and then with how you're doing.
My Shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524349
Incinerate Totem Guide - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781048
Last edited by TreeheadWoodfist on Mar 12, 2014, 1:54:00 AM
Does increased fire damage increase the dps by a smaller amount on comparison to increased spell damage?
I'm gonna give this build a try after I got bored with my SnB Marauder. It's not fun to run into gear checks at every part of the game when all of your skills are offensive.
I really hope Frost Wall will help in that regard. Also, I have levelled and used a Lightning Warp + CwDT Incinerator, so I have high hopes for a totem build with more micro involved :)
"
horizon21 wrote:
I'm gonna give this build a try after I got bored with my SnB Marauder. It's not fun to run into gear checks at every part of the game when all of your skills are offensive.
I really hope Frost Wall will help in that regard. Also, I have levelled and used a Lightning Warp + CwDT Incinerator, so I have high hopes for a totem build with more micro involved :)

That's exactly why I like Frost Wall. It's more than just pointing at enemies and dealing damage.

"
Eakrich wrote:
Does increased fire damage increase the dps by a smaller amount on comparison to increased spell damage?

It does for me, since 1/3 of my damage is chaos. For others, the numbers may shake down differently.
My Shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524349
Incinerate Totem Guide - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781048
Hallo. im nvidiony and currently using your build i had some diffuculties while proceeding nut managed to get 64 within 4 days right now but euhm i was wondering what to do against lighting thorns i Really dont undstand this part how to beat it.
Hello, maybe you could write what is the optimal level to proceed to use dual totems? My totem is currently level 10, and don't think that it's enough to sustain..

Another question is, why not flammability instead of elemental weakness?
*** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** |||

IGN: Internship
"
kahs wrote:
Hello, maybe you could write what is the optimal level to proceed to use dual totems? My totem is currently level 10, and don't think that it's enough to sustain..

The OP has explained somewhere (in a video or in the text, can't remember) that it makes no difference while the curses do not have quality. However, when one uses quality Flammability or quality Ele Weakness, things change in favor of Ele Weakness. The latter's bonus from quality is additional -resistances, resulting in about 6% dmg increase, while flammability's bonus is chance to ignite. Ignite is bad for us due to the fact that IIR/IIQ does not apply when using burning dmg to kill mobs off.
"
horizon21 wrote:
"
kahs wrote:

The OP has explained somewhere (in a video or in the text, can't remember) that it makes no difference while the curses do not have quality. However, when one uses quality Flammability or quality Ele Weakness, things change in favor of Ele Weakness. The latter's bonus from quality is additional -resistances, resulting in about 6% dmg increase, while flammability's bonus is chance to ignite. Ignite is bad for us due to the fact that IIR/IIQ does not apply when using burning dmg to kill mobs off.

Cool. Thanks. what about the totem part? Any idea?
*** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** ||| *** |||

IGN: Internship
"
kahs wrote:
Cool. Thanks. what about the totem part? Any idea?

Personally I plan on being like everyone else :D I will level up till 60-70 using Searing Totem + Inc Burning Dmg + Totem Resistances in a +2 to fire skills wand. Level 45 atm and I haven't had any problems so far. You could do the same while leveling your spell totem if it concerns you. Since a lot of mobs in Docks are fire resistant (esp. voidbearers) you might want to level up till 60 in Ledge. I believe you get 100% xp till lvl 60 in Ledge. That way your Spelltotem will lvl up, too.
@TreeheadWoodfist: When you make another video, please turn off the map overlay.

"
horizon21 wrote:
Ignite is bad for us due to the fact that IIR/IIQ does not apply when using burning dmg to kill mobs off.

That's not true anymore.
Last edited by fireundubh on Mar 13, 2014, 3:58:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info