Element resistance + armor skill tree, some considerations

I have two questions and like to discuss with u, guys.

1) High armor x energy shield. I was wondering, armor ALWAYS take the damage, even with shield energy, right? If so, then high armor (by equip and skill) always treat with the damage taken, while energy shield stop working after some damage. With a build that probably won't have problems with cure, this type of build worth?

2) elemental resistance; what happens when u beat 100%? If the damage taken in PvM is calculated equal as ours, then all the damage we take are, only in some %, elemental, right? Then, if i beat 100% resistance, i will take ONLY the base damage? And if i surpass 100% - it's possible, right? -, how the game will calculate the damage i suffer? Or the points over 100% will be useless?

Thanks,
Nanyu
I don't really get what you're asking but a build purely based on armor won't work simply because armor gets worse as the damage you receive gets higher.

Resistances have a soft cap at 75%, you can't get to 100%
I'm sorry, i guess i have too many questions but still absorving the mechanics of this game.

My build with all the points:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwFLQVbCygOPBQgFHEWQBiRGS4a2Rv6HOcdFCDwIWAkiyXfJ9Un7Si1KS4pTzB1Nro26DdHOlI9D0CgQapDY0TnRUdFjkZpSi5QR1RJValWBFivWPVfP2BLYIhhUmaeZ5tqHmo7a6xul3FNcql07XTxeA1673y7fNmCm4TEhX2GYIrkkweU-5e0mK2azJrPm-ydxJ65n8ukGabPpzCnpagYrKqsuq9stQS3MbdyuUO53b05vorEFcRYxPbFitBH1I_Vi-Ha5CLnUu1E7w7vTvIv8pzz3fcy97746_rS

With the resistances inside the tree plus some equipment, i assume that i can go over 75%, at leats in general numbers. Or the game simply doesn't count what surpass that top (75%)?

My question is: how the game calculate the "monster damage - resistance+armor"? With that well explained, i can review my build.

I'm making a build extremely tank/support, in order to play in party, but skills in staff to evolve good enough solo. With that tree in sight, maybe will be easier to understand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info