When did you find your first Exalted Orb?

In my opinion, experience, and conspiracy theory...I think they are "seeded" into the game at certain times intentionally. Its amazing how you can play for months and not find one, then you and your RL friends who play all find 1-2 in a 2 day span, then you dont see another for over a month or longer.

Random numbers are not random.
Haven't found one, ever. Not too bothered by it, though. I'm fairly lucky with finding Chaos Orbs.
Played since beginning of open beta, so a little over a year -- found one exalted total, about 6 months ago and kept it in my stash as a momento. I don't recall where it dropped, but it would have been in the endgame somewhere, as I would have remembered if it dropped while leveling up through the storyline. :) I do open every pot, every chest, every barrel -- I have a sneaking suspicion that's where the orb came from.

Obviously 1 ex is not enough to trade for anything decent, but I'm used to this type of situation, recalling the Stone of Jordan 'currency' in Diablo 2 a few years (or ten) back. I never found a single SoJ and folks where trading them by the bucketfuls, same deal here. No problem, I'm self found, but might be fun to have enough exalted to 'craft' with.
15 mins ago

irony is it made me realise how long i have been "waiting" for it, and now that ive got it it makes me think how much this game is unrewarding...
Found two... one in Cruel Catacombs from an urn and a second in Cruel Ledge from a crate. I'm convinced that you should never pass by a breakable.
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
A long time ago back in closed beta. Was in Normal Prisons, first floor, out of a chest if I recall correctly.

Same here... back in closed beta where by the time you cleared Act 1 Normal you would have likely found 1 or 2 of them.
Just found my first a couple days ago in a 74 map. About 200 hours played time.

Just about all my played time has been in maps, endlessly grinding, dying, more grinding ect...

Funny thing was, the day I found it I had the feeling I'd find one soon. Boom got it. Then went 7 74-76 maps (all my own) without finding a single map drop or a usable drop. Not even an alch. Yeah, I was quite upset, but atleast I saw the exalt drop. So I'mNotEvenMad.jpg
I found mine within the first 30 minutes of ever playing POE way back in CB... 2+ years ago?

/e since then I've found a whole 2, yes two, more.... can you say drops suck? I can.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Feb 1, 2014, 12:00:50 AM
"
Same here... back in closed beta where by the time you cleared Act 1 Normal you would have likely found 1 or 2 of them.

Sound like a glorious time when people had to pay to enter. :')
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Day after the 1.0.0 release. White zombie mob on the way to Hillock dropped it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info