Flipping for profit??

Is it me or recently i've been seeing some ridiculous price rise on certain uniques. e.g. Andvarius Gold Rings

They sell for 8 exalteds for mediocre roll.
I took 3 mos off from sept-dec and when I returned I noticed andis had spiked up a bit --- haven't noticed much change in the last month, or so.
I just wrote it off to the big influx of steamers looking for mf gear asap
andvarious were changed to be map only drop, hence the increase in value

and without quantity on rares in domination league, they are kinda up there among the best MF jewerly atm.
Last edited by shroudb on Jan 31, 2014, 6:15:53 PM
Flipping for a profit is more or less a constant influence on what some people are selling items for- it's not going to be responsible for a "change" in price per se. It's generally more responsible for some players selling at a higher price then their peers.

And in all honestyu usually flipping players are barely noticable- believe it or not they generally don't do business by finding some sap to charge double the normal value for- honestly every item has a rough range of what it's "worth"- the fippers generally do business by buying at the bottom for that range and selling at the top; Something like a 10-20% margin is pretty common. When the margins are substantially wider then that it's usually because they managed to buy the item cheap rather then because they sold it well above the listed price- people tend to be more careful when dropping currency then when trying to offload items.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Last edited by bilun on Jan 31, 2014, 6:24:03 PM
"
bilun wrote:
Flipping for a profit is more or less a constant influence on what some people are selling items for- it's not going to be responsible for a "change" in price per se. It's generally more responsible for some players selling at a higher price then their peers.

And in all honestyu usually flipping players are barely noticable- believe it or not they generally don't do business by finding some sap to charge double the normal value for- honestly every item has a rough range of what it's "worth"- the fippers generally do business by buying at the bottom for that range and selling at the top; Something like a 10-20% margin is pretty common. When the margins are substantially wider then that it's usually because they managed to buy the item cheap rather then because they sold it well above the listed price- people tend to be more careful when dropping currency then when trying to offload items.

The way you used per se in that sentence was not appropriate. It added nothing to the sentence and had no relevance to it's meaning whatsoever. If you're going to use cliches to communicate with, at least use them properly please.
First day of 1.06

- ''WTS Shav jr for 1 ex''
- I re-sold it for 10 ex

Pretty sure this shit isn't worth 10 fucking ex lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

I've kept this since the first couple weeks of open beta. Don't plan on selling but Its nice to see it have some value again.

Anyone know what a perfect is worth?
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:

I've kept this since the first couple weeks of open beta. Don't plan on selling but Its nice to see it have some value again.

Anyone know what a perfect is worth?

Quite a nice piece pal. Id say it would sell roughly around 8-10 exalteds. That is only if it is a perfect like yours. Usually a mid roll (let's say 13-57) should normally sell around 2-3 exalteds but it has rose to a staggering price of 4-5 exalteds recently. A 200% rise.
Last edited by gtrans on Feb 1, 2014, 5:08:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info